What have you just finished?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Beaver6622, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

To go along with the "what are you playing" thread I thought I would start a What have you finished.
    Post your game and thoughts.
    Did you like it? Want a sequel? Want dlc?
    Would you recommend it?
    Oh hell, give it a score if you'd like.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

JHall03 and Carl_S like this.
  2. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

I'll go first.
    Just finished Tom Clancy's Ghost recon wildlands. In fact I platinumed it.
    I liked the gameplay, felt like a FarCry but military. The shooting can feel a little squirmy and if NPCs weren't marked I had a hard time spotting them.
    There can also be some jank. For instance in the game you can spawn helicopters and vehicles whenever you need them. I can't tell you how many times in the 100 hours I played that the spawn location was on top of my head killing me. It's funny the first time but aggravating every time after.
    This game is great for four player co-op, which is how I recommend playing if you can. I played mostly by myself and the guys in your squad are way over powered. They hardly ever die and are always able to revive you in any firefight.
    Lastly are the "bosses". I wish there would have a little more to get to them and kill them. All it consists of is running around getting intel. Starting the final mission where the boss is, killing about 15 men who don't know you're coming and kill the boss. Wash, rinse, repeat. Even the final, final, final boss felt underwhelming.
    Over all though I did play over 100 and enjoyed the leveling up and getting stronger with more perks. The side missions are plentiful and varied.
    If you enjoy 3rd person military open world games then this is it.
    I'd give it 8 Beaver pelts out of 10.

tpaullin and Carl_S like this.
  3. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

It's been a week now, but I just finished Eekeemoo - Splinters of Dark Shard. And, I also platinumed this one too.

It's a small indy title that first grabbed my attention because of the art style. It was a bit frustrating because there seemed to be glitches related to the trophies if you went back to the main menu at any time so you had to basically play it straight through if you're chasing trophies. ;) Also, there were times the camera would get stuck behind scenery so I would have a black screen. Also, it would disconnect my controller for some reason.

If you can find this game on sale on the PSN then I'd say give it a try, but otherwise save your time. I'd give it a 6.5 of out 10. Sorry no pelts here. ;)

Carl_S likes this.
  4. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I just finished South Park: Stick of Truth. It took me 18 hours playing at a leisurely pace. I am replaying it now as a different class and going for the platinum. I really really love the game. It kind of reminds me of a cross between an old Leisure Suit Larry game and Heroes of Might & Magic but that is probably just me.

I give it 9.5 Beaver Pelts out of 10. (deduction for the missable trophies which requires replaying from the start)

5. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

Yes! Love that game. I platinumed it too and had to play through it twice. Stupid missable trophies. Great game though, easily in my top five of all time.

Carl_S likes this.
  6. Brad Custer

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of games that require multiple playthroughs to get a platinum, but I understand why some game companies chose to require it. However, in smaller indie games that have a great story I think its a misstep. The game that comes to mind is Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

Also, did you get provided those pelts for rating? ;) And, I can imagine cutting that one in half for the .5 rating was a bit messy.

Beaver6622 and Carl_S like this.
  7. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I was provided a sufficient supply of full, 1/2, 1/4, and 1/10 pelts for participating in the thread. :D:D:D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Beaver6622 likes this.
  8. Brad Custer

I need to sign up for my pelt delivery then. :)

Carl_S likes this.
  9. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

Great idea for a new thread!

I finished The Walking Dead: A New Frontier. Typical Telltale game. Although I thought this ran smoother than Batman. I'd give it 8/10 Beaver pelts. Recommend it,but wait for a sale.

Also finished the reboot of Tomb Raider on PS3 and Infamous:Festival of Blood on PS Now.

I'll have more hopefully next week.

CA-FOD and Beaver6622 like this.
  10. Brad Custer

Glad to hear this runs smoother than Batman. I remember the fight in a cafeteria setting where you had to plan you actions and literally one enemy was invisible.

How did this play on PSNow? This was a nice little stand alone even though it didn't make much sense. Still fun to play. :)

11. Twigg4075

Twigg4075 Well-Known Member

So after playing through Dead Space 1 on XB1 thanks to the backwards compatibility, I decided to go back to my PS3 copy and go for the platinum. I only had a few miscellaneous trophies andI had to beat it on Impossible. I couldn't get the level 6 suit 'glitch' to work either. But I did it. My 57th platinum.
    [​IMG]

I also recently bought the Spongebob game on Vita for $15 on Amazon. This morning I finally got the arduous task of leveling up all characters and got my 58th platinum.
    [​IMG]

tpaullin and Carl_S like this.
  12. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

SpongeBob! You hard core gamer you!

CA-FOD, tpaullin and Twigg4075 like this.
  13. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

So last night I finished South Park: Stick of Truth a 2nd time and still am lacking 3 or 4 trophies for the platinum. I have to do the final boss fight one more time and round up the remaining collectibles. Did I say I really loved this game? :)

tpaullin and Twigg4075 like this.
  14. Twigg4075

Ha! It's actually a decent platformer. But having to unlock all the upgrades for the six characters is a real chore.

I'm also only one trophy away from a platinum in Snoopy's Great Adventure on PS4.:D

15. Brad Custer

Congrats on the platinums. Your description of leveling the characters reminds me of Diablo 3. Still trying to get all my characters to level 70 for the platinum. Ugh.

16. Brad Custer

This is news to me. I don't think I've ever seen you mention South Park before. ;)

17. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

What Are You Playing?

Brad Custer likes this.
  18. Twigg4075

I'm sure it's nowhere near as bad. There are only six characters and there are like twelve upgrades? Each upgarde costs on average 400 coins. There are 15 lrvels in the game and each level has about 1000 coins. You have to replay some levels to get coins and they take about 15 minutes to blow through.

19. Brad Custer

Don't tell me this or I'll find myself playing a Sponge Bob game for another platinum. ;)

Twigg4075 likes this.
  20. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

It ran pretty smooth. Not that it's a graphical masterpiece at 720p. Lol. I thought it controlled better than most on PS Now.
    It really doesn't make sense. You're right, it's just a fun blood sucking romp. And it's always nice to see Zeke. Dude cracks me up.