What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WithSwordAndGun, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Skitcomic

Skitcomic New Member

Finally getting around to reading Ready Player One.

Beaver6622 likes this.
  2. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

I read Ready Player One and The Martian. I loved them both. Can anyone suggest something similar?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

willow514 likes this.
  3. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

I just started Armada - a second book by Ernest Cline, the author of Ready Player One. I'm only two chapters in but it seems interesting enough. The same style and a story filled with cultural references and it should pick up the pace soon.

I've read 'You're never weird on the Internet (Almost)' by Felicia Day. Even though she's only slightly over 30, she has an interesting story to tell and if you've ever watched The Guild or anything else she does, I would recommend it.

4. willow514

willow514 Active Member

Like plpalo said, Armada is another great book by Ernest Cline. Another book I've heard a lot of good things about is Solarversia: The Year Long Game by Toby Downton.

I've been on a big comic book kick lately. I fell way behind on reading my subscriptions so I'm catching back up on my Wolverine and I bought a Deadpool compendium that I breezed through.

5. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

Started The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson
    First of the Longmire series. Good so far.

6. willow514

willow514 Active Member

I've been reading the Gentlemen Bastard Series by Scott Lynch over the past 2 months. I am on the third book Republic of Thieves and have really enjoyed every book so far. The fourth book is due out in September.

7. WithSwordAndGun

WithSwordAndGun Never Grammatically Correct Staff Member

Still reading the dark tower series by Steven King. There are 7 books in the series and each of the last 3 is thicker than the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

Iirc there's actually an 8th book though I think it's more of a short story. I haven't read that one though. Read the main 7 back in college.

9. WithSwordAndGun

There is a short story and and 8th book that takes place between 4 and 5 I think called The Wind Through the Keyhole. It's basically Roland telling a story about his past and in that story he tells another story.

It was pretty good but I didn't feel like it was critical to the overall story.

10. Tim

Tim Active Member

American Gods at the moment. Then I will switch to The Three Body Problem. After that I want to try out, 10% Happier.

11. Gruel

Gruel Member

Almost wrapped up with Chris Jericho's third autobiography. He is trying to break Mick Foley's record of most autobiographies who has 4.

12. willow514

willow514 Active Member

Finished Republic of Thieves last Thursday and started reading Seveneves by Neal Stephenson. Only about 20 some pages in and it is so far intro to characters.

13. tpaullin

Finished The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.

14. Dhalamar

Dhalamar Active Member

I make it a deliberate point to read Great Expectations at least once a year, so I'm working on that.

Probably my favorite book. Period.

Was forced to read it to do a book report on it in the 6th grade and fuckin' fell in love with it. :)

15. WithSwordAndGun

Any one reading the witcher short stories and novels?

16. Tim

Tim Active Member

I've read The Last Wish, and Blood of Elves. They were okay. I haven't heard if any more of them were translated, but I haven't looked either.

17. WithSwordAndGun

I know more have been translated. Wasn't sure if they were worth my time. I tried before bed but lately I have just been playing danganronpa on my vita. It's getting harder and harder for me to take the time to sit down and read. Too much else going on.

18. Tim

Tim Active Member

The Last Wish was a collection of short stories, some better than others. In general I think the Witcher is always something that I want to like more than I do.

19. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Before the next season of The Walking Dead starts I'm going to go back and reread the entire series and get up to date. I stopped reading the book regularly around the time Negan came on the scene so now I want to see how it goes differently compared to the show.

20. tpaullin

I looked at Barnes & Noble's Walking Dead collection of books over the weekend. Kinda pricey!