What Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by jahonius88, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

There are a lot of exotics in D2 that were the original. I sort of wished none of the exotics came over and we had a fresh pool of weapons and armor.

Carl_S likes this.
  2. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

I think this one was a bit under-rated by general public. I had a lot of fun with it. :)

3. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I’m right at 30 hours into it now and loving it. I’m thinking I have another 8-15 to finish and platinum it.

4. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

Been playing Shadow of War.

Finished the campaign: the cinematics are great, and the story towards the end is excellent that ties rather nicely to the movies.

However, the post-game levelling is nearly impossible without XP boost item from the microtransactions market, although gold coins could be earned in small amounts through “daily” missions.

I was hoping to platinum it before 2018, but I worry that I won’t be able to... dangit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpaullin likes this.
  5. teran36

teran36 Member

Telltale holiday.

played through walking dead Michonne, walking dead a new frontier, guardians of the galaxy
    guardians may be my favorite thing telltale has done, the humor and music nail it

tpaullin likes this.
  6. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

Started Watch Dogs 2 Saturday. Ah, how I love hacking :)

Carl_S likes this.
  7. Twigg4075

Twigg4075 Well-Known Member

Between bouts of Mad Max on XB1 I'm playing Road Rage on PS4. It's so bad, but it has a somewhat charming quality. The trophies popping like candy doesn't hurt either.

8. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I've got 2 sessions playing The Division now. I'm finding it a bit tough being that I've been playing some shooters recently that favor aggressive play style and this requires you to be more conservative (or have better skills).

9. John B. aka Johni3w6

John B. aka Johni3w6 Active Member

Got to the end of SP the Fractured BW, might go back and try to get some of the trophies I missed. Put a bit more time into Guns Up, though that game is hanging on the delete pile. Not sure if I want to get back into Horizon or start one of my games in my back log.

10. Twigg4075

So, I bought Dead Alliance since it was on sale for like $7 or $8 on PSN. Every review said it's horrible but it's actually pretty fun.

11. John B. aka Johni3w6

Right now trying to play Injustice 2, becoming very annoyed and frustrated with the demo fighting scenario.

Some of the moves you wonder if they actually used a PS4 controller.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

12. tpaullin

I couldn’t get on with the first Injustice. And it was free.

13. John B. aka Johni3w6

Never played the first one just thought the second one look interesting and it was on sale. Thought I would give it a shot.

14. Twigg4075

I'm not sure if I mentioned I started Marlow Briggs a little bit ago on XB1 (360 bc). I had never heard of the game but it was a free GWG last month. It's pretty great. It's basically MS's attempt at GoW. Nowhere near the good story of GoW with the Greek mythology, the story in MB is just plain ridiculous. But the game itself is fun and funny.

I also started Sleeping Dogs on XB1. The game is one of my favorite games ever. I've 100%'d it on PS3, PS4 and 360 already.

I've also been in a CoD mood and realized the last campaign I finished was Ghosts so I started up Advanced Warfare on PS4.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Carl_S likes this.
  15. jahonius88

After finishing + platinuming Shadow of War, I cracked open a couple of games from my backlog:

Matterfall: A Housemarque game with very heavy inspirations from Metroid. It’s quite good!

Some of the trophies looked challenging, so I’ll save this for later since I finished all the missions on “Normal” difficulty.

Next up, Nier: Automata.
    Thoughts coming soon

tpaullin and Twigg4075 like this.
  16. tpaullin

Stick of Truth. I played it all day and I don’t think I’m even a quarter through the story. Love it!

17. John B. aka Johni3w6

I believe it's a longer story than the latest one.
    Played it on PS3, have yet to put the code in for the stick of truth....

tpaullin likes this.
  18. JHall03

JHall03 Active Member

Playing Mario Odyssey on my new Switch. It's a great game and holding me over until I get Zelda. If you liked Mario 64 then this one is very similar only better.

Is it deserving of the perfect score it received from a lot of reviewers? ehhhh maybe? I guess?

19. jahonius88

Yeah, I’m feeling the same about it.

Switch is an awesome console and playing it is a joy, but 10/10 for Mario Odyssey?

Why?

I think a lot of sites give Nintendo games 8+ scores just for being a Nintendo game.

Carl_S and Twigg4075 like this.
  20. JHall03

JHall03 Active Member

I'm not sure I've noticed any flaws with the game, yet. So maybe if there aren't any major flaws it's deserving of a 9.5 or 10. I may change my mind and think it's one of the best games ever by the time I finish it because it is growing on me each time I play. I am glad it didn't win game of the year over Zelda, though.

Oh by the way, add me as a friend on Switch :) 8529-3386-9877

JVENOM1 likes this.