What Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by jahonius88, Feb 28, 2016.

1. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, man!

2. Tim

Tim Active Member

Finally finished The Order 1886. It is a short game but for weeks I had trouble finding the desire to play it more. It is one of the weirdest games I've played in a long time. It started out as a game I thought was pretty bad, towards the middle of the game I thought it was ok, and now having finished it I really want them to have the opportunity to make a sequel. I actually finished the platinum for this one.

Now to play the Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo and then onto Salt and Sanctuary.

3. jahonius88

I'm one of the minority who actually liked The Order: 1886.
    Notably graphics, people say the character modeling is awesome, but I gotta say I have never seen a prettier and more detailed environment in my life.

To be honest, I may be biased, because I am a total PlayStation convert (Nintendo -> XBox -> PlayStation).

Also, I actually liked Resident Evil 5 & 6, and hate Call of Duty and Fifa... So, I have a weird taste in games as well!

tpaullin and Tim like this.
  4. Tim

Tim Active Member

Graphically the game is amazing, the weapons had a nice variety. The most powerful weapons were great to use. I felt the beginning of the game was a little too slow. Character walking speed during noncombat arena mainly. It took me a while to figure out the 'collectable' pacing in the game. Basically when I should be on the lookout for collectables and when I shouldn't. I ended up wasting a fair amount of time looking (scouring the walls of an area) for things that weren't there. Once I learned when the game would place collectables and in what situations they wouldn't, some of that frustration went away. The story really picked up for me near the middle of the game and just got better from there. I really am interested in seeing where the story would go from here.

Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo was another strange experience. I've played the Duscae 1.0 and 2.0 demo (only available if you bought Final Fantasy Type 0) and that seems to be way more representative of what the game will be. The Platinum Demo, while charming and graphically nice looking, seemed to be waaay more detached from what the actual game seems like it will be. There is one repeatable fight that seems to have some basic attachment to the final game minus the team tactics. I enjoyed it for what it is but it seems like a weird choice to have it be the only public demo that people will make their purchasing decisions upon.

5. WithSwordAndGun

WithSwordAndGun Never Grammatically Correct Staff Member

I agree. They created such an interesting world and lore. I want to see what happens next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jahonius88

Still playing the hell out of Gundam Breaker 3 - grinding for trophies.

I have a strange feeling that the screenshot will be boring...

7. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

You're not alone in enjoying The Order 1886. It was definitely enjoyable just to look around. It wasn't a perfect game, but so many great franchises have come a mediocre start so I can only see a follow-up to this one being even better.

jahonius88 likes this.
  8. jahonius88

Been playing Guns Up! For some time now. Not bad.

It's a filler until my copy of Dark Souls III arrives tomorrow.

9. Tim

Tim Active Member

Salt and Sanctuary is on hold for the foreseeable future, Dark Souls 3 is going to be my freetime for a while.

jahonius88 likes this.
  10. Shawn Hiers

Shawn Hiers Moderator Staff Member

Ratchet and Clank and it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!

tpaullin, Brad Custer and jahonius88 like this.
  11. jahonius88

So I made a character in DS3...

I named him Kratos, and made him look something like this.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Fatheeerrrrrr!!!!!

Oh, yeah, he died many times...

Brad Custer and Tim like this.
  12. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Good job. First thing I thought when I saw the images before even reading your message was "KRATOS!!!".

13. jahonius88

Thanks, man!

Too bad I can't give him body painting though heh

14. JHall03

JHall03 Well-Known Member

Nice work. You going for a particular build? I haven't started thinking about what I want to do yet.

15. jahonius88

I always make my first character Strength / Dex build, and my second a mage.

16. Tim

Tim Active Member

Started Warrior, I'm generally going to take Vig, End, Vit, Dex to 15, then Strength to 25 and see how I feel.

Edit: I was able to beat the first 'non-tutorial' boss last night at base level. I was saving my souls for that darn 20,000 soul key. Now that I bought it, I am up to a whopping level 10. :D I'm still looking for a weapon to fall in love with, which will effect my build as I go. Or if I find a particular armor set that needs me to pump my equipment load because mid-roll is as slow as I'll go.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    jahonius88 likes this.
  17. JHall03

JHall03 Well-Known Member

I'll probably do something similar and build a base with stats until I decide what to do. I always end up dex and I really need to do something different.

Tim and jahonius88 like this.
  18. WithSwordAndGun

WithSwordAndGun Never Grammatically Correct Staff Member

Ratchet and Clank. Soon followed by stories the path of destinies. People need to check this game out. At some point probably summer I hope to play dark souls 3. Probably going to go for a hybrid build may start with pyromancer.

jahonius88 likes this.
  19. jahonius88

[​IMG]

450 km away from home, and I'm playing Dark Souls III via RemotePlay on my MacBook Air.

It's a crazy world we live in!

tpaullin and Tim like this.
  20. jahonius88

Been playing Hotline Miami for the past 3 hours (trophy cleanup).

Frustration + caffeine + cigarettes = uneasiness that I'll be dead on my feet at work tomorrow...

Need some sleep...