What Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by jahonius88, Feb 28, 2016.

1. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

Just came out today in the States.

2. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

I felt some good luck today, and finally!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458245402.134905.jpg

Anyone who has ever played Demon's Souls knows how painful it is to farm this.

One more trophy until platinum.

3. makaiookami

makaiookami Active Member

My platinum was like in the first month of release. So, it all kinda blurs together. I do not remember how hard it was to farm that.

4. jahonius88

Awesome! I guess you were one of those guys who "got one in a couple of tries".

I've spent 70 hrs on this character in multiple playthroughs, and I'm pretty sure I had spent at least 30 on farming the pure bladestone. Funny thing is, I got it from the regular double-katana skeleton, not the phantom version that so many people claim it drops from, lol

5. makaiookami

This is likely how I got them.

Sorry for the quality, my Video Capture Card was old, crappy, and SD.

jahonius88 likes this.
  6. jahonius88

Oh, so you DID do the farming!

Yeah, I was doing the exact same thing over, and over, and over...

7. makaiookami

I was doing that for souls though. Not for Pure Bladestone.

Pure Bladestone just happened through the course of my soul grinding. So...

8. jahonius88

I'm playing Daredevil on Netflix - finally got available in Korea :)

Man, whoever was the casting manager, did an awesome job

Absolutely loving the Punisher and Kingpin

tpaullin likes this.
  9. Solidbrix

Solidbrix Member

Bought into Paragon on PS4. Consequently I have an early access Founder's Pack that I'd really like to give to someone who's interested. Apparently it has to be done over PSN though I don't know if we need to be on each other's friends list.

Edit: Taken, thanks.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  10. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Both seasons are really good. Hopefully, you don't have to wait as long to see the second one!

11. makaiookami

I loved the first Season of Daredevil. Watching Once Upon a Time atm, as well as Soul Eater Merry, and of course Gotham, Flash, Arrow, iZombie, and Legends of Tomorrow for the rare moments when the show isn't terrible... >_>

12. jahonius88

Actually, I watched season 1(torrented) and loved it. Netflix literally just launched in Korea, and I don't have to pirate shows anymore.

And, PS4 works great as a streaming device. So, yeah it was awesome...

13. makaiookami

Playing FFXIV, Smite, Earthbound, Day of the Tentacle, Hearthstone, FFRK, and will likely fit in some other game into my rotation, since 3 of those games are kinda constant. Used to play a lot of PVZ2 but FFRK kinda bumped it out of the mix.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  14. andyscout

How is it? I used to play a bit o' LoL back in the day but kinda got burned out. Also all my friends moved on to other games.

15. Solidbrix

Solidbrix Member

I may not be the best judge because I'm very much a moba beginner but I like it. It's very much in the vein of LoL, just 3rd person.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

16. andyscout

I'm not much more than a beginner myself. My friends and I played LoL for 3 or 4 years but we didn't play competitive modes at all. Hell, before they finally added ARAM as an official game type, we played a lot of practice mode games.

Kinda interested in trying Paragon but not $20 interested. Figure I can just wait until they do the open beta.

17. jahonius88

I got a weekend job - an hour flight, an hour train trip.

Been playing some Vita on the plane, and at the motel.

Mostly mindless fun stuff like Hotline Miami (I wanna platinum this) and Lumines (not really liking it at the moment...)[​IMG]

tpaullin and JHall03 like this.
  18. jahonius88

So this dude messaged me, asking if I could help him with getting the Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls - the only missing link in many people's platinum.

So I did.

And the guy was FREAKING OUT, screaming and sighing, and even moaning.

Felt like Christmas.

Beaver6622 likes this.
  19. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Made some good friends via the PSN helping others out to get certain trophies. Way to go!

jahonius88 likes this.
  20. makaiookami

I don't think it's worth the $20 entry price.

Smite has like 87 gods, mostly with different play styles, 3rd person perspective, lots of personality, some funny lines, and a variety of maps. Don't like 3 lanes? Try some of the 2 lane maps. 2 lanes too much for you? There's some 1 lane maps. Want some variety? There's a 1 lane map where they have random things like "Everyone is character X" or "Everyone gets a random character." Think the idea of a "lane" is just wrong? Do Arena mode and just try not to die a ton when on my team. Otherwise, go ahead die as much as you want. :D

You can go onto a website, program a build in, and have the game auto buy the items you need for the build. So you can be moderately effective AND not have to mess about with as high a learning curve. Arthur Satine and I as well as a friend of mine all did Arena last night, we wrecked it pretty bad. First team to lose all their points loses, you lose points when your team members die, or minions make it to a portal (so technically there is a lane but meh) and we had half of our points remaining at the end of the match and we had WAY more kills.

I hope Paragon is going to add more maps, and modes, but they only have a handful of characters, and the game is just, different. It doesn't feel as Actiony. A bit more slower paced. Doesn't help that attacks don't slow you down really, so, if they get the drop on you, you're probably gonna die which means more waiting for respawn to happen while everyone out levels you. The card system is a learning curve in and of itself. No one uses harvesters, even though they're important, and I forget why.

Possibly worth a try as a free to play, but I just can't recommend dropping the $20. Maybe that'll change after I get 10-30 hours into the game, but really it takes dozens of hours to really start to get the hang of these kinds of games. I picked a character with high mobility, and I didn't feel highly mobile... so not sure what that's about.