What Are You Listening To?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jahonius88, Feb 13, 2017.

1. The_Marquis

The_Marquis Active Member

Looking into contemporary Japanese music with traditional instruments for interesting themes. I've been a big fan of the Samurai Shodown games since the arcades, so this wonderfully nutty fusion has been a fascination of mine for quite some time. . .

Which leads to this. . .

Which leads to this. . .

Which leads to - METAL WEEABOOS!

2. The_Marquis

3. My testimony as written and sung by Eden. :(

Cos’ I’ve had the best of the worst sides.
    And I’ve had these lungs... Oh.
    And I’ve had too many flash fires.
    And I just let them burn.
    Till my chest is on fire.
    And my head just won’t die.
    I guess I’m lying cos’ I wanna.
    I guess I’m lying cos’ I don’t.
    Cos’ I just feel so tired.
    Like it’s move or slowly die.
    You said; “You ain’t you when you’re like this, this ain’t you and you know it!”
    But ain’t that just the point?
    And you don’t know how to let go.
    Who said this must be all or nothing?
    But I’m... still caught below and I’ll never let you know.
    No, I can’t tell you nothing!
    Cos’ I’m a fucking mess sometimes!
    But still I could always be whatever you wanted, but not what you needed, especially when you have been needing me.
    And I’ll say what I don’t mean.
    Just cos’ I wanted or maybe I need it? I swear lying’s the only rush I need.

Yeah...

Cos’ all I needed was some words to say.
    That all these feelings don’t mean shit to me!
    Cos’ it’s all just chemicals anyway.
    Anyway.... Yeah!
    And I got way too many routes to take to make this all just go away and find another heart to break, so heartless with these words I say, just saying what I’m supposed to say, cos’ I had nothing for you, I can’t love when I can’t even love myself.
    Things I would rather just be thoughts in the back of my head, but I’m addicted to hurting...
    And I got these lungs... Yeah.
    And I’ve spent too many late nights, just thinking of putting a hole in the Earth!
    Till the sky is on fire!
    And my head still won’t die.
    I guess I’m lying cos’ I wanna.
    I guess I’m lying cos’ I don’t.
    Cos’ I just feel so tired, like I need something to come alive.
    She said; “You ain’t you when you’re like this! This ain’t you what’ve you done?!”
    And I said; “That’s the point.”
    And you don’t know how to let go, who said this must be all or nothing?
    But I’m... still caught below and I’ll never let you know...
    No, I can’t tell you nothing!
    But still I could always be, whatever you wanted, but not what you needed, especially when you’ve been needing me.
    Cos’ I’m a fucking mess inside!
    And I’ll say what I don’t mean!
    Just cos’ I wanted or maybe I needed? I swear lying’s the only rush I need. Oh yeah!

I wanted
    I needed
    I need it!
    I need it!
    I need it!

Yeah...

4. The_Marquis

5. The_Marquis

6. Cyberpunk and Renegade as fuck! <3

7. Ivory and Ebony! A white man belongs with a beautiful black woman! I love black women, myself. <3

8. The_Marquis

The Bancroft Brothers Animation Podcast - Cuphead!

Tom and Tony Bancroft are former Disney animators, and I enjoy listening to all of their episodes discussing 2D animation, animation, and the creative arts and industry. This episode is fascinating, because they're smitten (rightly so) with the accomplishment of Cuphead, but they don't strike me as folks with a history playing games - so, while they're advocates for traditional 2D animation, they're unfamiliar with video gaming's own style of 2D animation - the sprite.

On one hand I'd love to see how they would respond to the gorgeous sprite work of 1990's era Capcom (when they were still relevant and produced diamonds non-stop), SNK, and other fabulously talented sprite artists.

On the other hand, it would be fascinating if the success of Cuphead could be the back door for 2D animation to find a supportive audience. An era where Capcom and SNK could abandon the horror of piss-poor polygon visuals, and produce something that resembles a kick ass OVA that you're playing, not merely watching.

In my heart, the goal was always to reach the concept art, and character sketches. That image resolution, and available tools and resources prevented that was a shame. However Cuphead demonstrates what is possible with conviction and vision.

[​IMG]

Nobody would refuse to play a game that looked like that.

9. The_Marquis

No fancy music video produced to propagate a message unrelated to the lyrical content here. Only brutal metal truth.

10. The_Marquis

11. Tribal_Renegade

Tribal_Renegade Active Member

Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire! I just love the electric guitar in this song! His vocals as well! Intoxicating! <3

12. John B. aka Johni3w6

John B. aka Johni3w6 Active Member

This album came out back in May and I still listen to a song or two off it every day.

13. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

14. The_Marquis

Will be relevant until the plebes cease being memed so easily.

15. The_Marquis

Metal. Satire. Some truth about finding an audience.