Vote on the Friday Morning movie!

Discussion in 'MGC 2016 | April 8-10, 2016' started by Torgo, Feb 17, 2016.

?

What movie should we see?

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

2. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

3. The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

Since we're making this an MGC tradition, here are the movies (at least, the ones that may interest a group of nerds like us) that will be playing that Friday. Vote on one, even though I'm pretty sure which one we'll be seeing....

2. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

I'm pretty sure you're referring to Batman vs Superman. But what about Hardcore Henry? It's coming that Friday and it's a first person action movie. I think that might be fitting being gamers and all.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

3. SinfoniaSam

SinfoniaSam Moderator Staff Member

Haha, who voted for Big Fat Greek Wedding 2? ;)

Torgo likes this.
  4. Divergent was not that good... Should have been called Detergent and wash away that movie for good.

5. Torgo

Why would you even see it? The 1st one was terrible

6. Mel likes terrible movies ^^

7. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

They didn't want to be confused with the anime Bleach.

8. Torgo

Movie on Friday morning for pre-MGC is at 9:15 a.m. Meet in the hotel lobby at 7:30 so we can get breakfast. (They FINALLY posted times tonight for Friday)

9. ArmorFist

ArmorFist Member

I'll be there... Probably half asleep but I'll be there.

Torgo likes this.
  10. Torgo

If anyone wants to join-in, we're planning to record a spoilercast on the movie when we get back to the hotel :)

Beaver6622 likes this.
  11. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

Sweet. I'll be lurking around...

Torgo likes this.
  12. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Think I'll have to skip this one. I can only stomach so much bashing of a movie that I've seen and really enjoyed. ;)

13. andyscout

You can come and be the voice of reason. Plus, you never know, maybe we'll all end up liking it.

14. Brad Custer

It's hard to reason with people that seem to be going in with a preset opinion. ;)

I just know I've been a DC comic fan since my first comic which was back in 1975 which was the Christmas with the Super-Heroes Treasury Edition. I personally like the direction of these movies and where they're going. It's not the same mindset or style of the MCU and I'm glad about that. I enjoy those films too, but DC will always be where my heart is.

The only thing I think they could have done away with in this movie were the "dream sequences" because the non-comic movie-goer can easily get confused by them.

15. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Brad Custer, post: 11271, member: 392

The only thing I think they could have done away with in this movie were the "dream sequences" because the non-comic movie-goer can easily get confused by them.

[/QUOTE]

You mean like my girlfriend? LOL. She whispered "What the hell is going on" more than once. I liked it though. 3D was pretty well done too, IMO.

16. andyscout

Well, give the spoilercast a listen anyway. We had some varied reactions to the movie.

Although, spoiler for the spoilercast, almost everyone hated the scene that made Bats and Supes stop fighting. We actually laughed at that scene during the movie and it became a meme for the weekend.

Torgo likes this.
  17. Torgo

Here's a great pic while we were recording the spoilercast in my hotel room. I think we had something like 12-15 people in there lol (picture taken from the couch where others were sitting)

[​IMG]

18. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

LOL Boy, Tyler looks happy!

Torgo likes this.
  19. Torgo

20. Brad Custer

Wish I could do it, but I'll just keep to my enjoyment of the film. :) Listening to the build up to the release was bad enough. LOL