Thoughts on the new podcast. (Gonna try not to be harsh)

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by kevin_leclere, Feb 8, 2018.

1. kevin_leclere

kevin_leclere New Member

In short, bring back Glenn, and replace josh with him. I feel that part of the problem with Glenn was that he wasn't having fun anymore and I place a majority of that on josh. Many times you could feel the tension on the podcast.

I have listened to every week since around episode 100. Mostly I have listened that long because of the feel of just gamers setting around talking about playing the games. Giving opinions. All in all, having a fun time. Made me feel like I was there with them.

My back log of games has grown exponentially mainly because of this talk. They would talk up a game, I would put it on my list.

You can hear frustration build in josh with Glenn. How many times have we heard that josh don't have anytime to do this or that, but in the same podcast he will talk about how he just binge watched a show 10 hours straight. I wish I didn't have that kind of time.

I think Glenn recognized this and with everything else going on in this young mans life, he decided to step away. I think it got farther from what he wanted it to be and wanted to do what was best ultimately for the community. If you follow him on Twitter you would know he isn't done with gaming at all. Retro nation lives!!!

My suggestion, let Dave, Glenn, and mjc do the podcast. Let Dave do the editing of the podcast. If you don't think this would be good, tell me that the last few where josh wasn't in, wasn't enjoyable. They was the best we have had for quite some time.

Nothing against Josh. He may be a great person. Just not really podcast material in my opinion.

I won't hide from this either, although I don't come here very often. If you wanna flame me my Twitter is @fatboy_kev and I'm soul25 on the psn.

Flame on!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation

It's all good. I enjoyed my time with Glenn and it won't be the same without him. If I didn't want to be here I would have left of my own accord. I can't speak for Glenn but even if I left tomorrow, I wouldn't put money on him coming back, he's made that pretty clear.

I certainly can't force you to like me and I'm not going to try. I do hope you stick around though, at least for Dave and MJC. It'll take us a few episodes to really get comfortable with each other in this format and find our groove but we'll get there. They've actually got me really excited for the future with all the new ideas they're bringing to the table (many of which will be rolled out over the next few months).

Either way, I wish you no ill will and I salute you. It's not easy to step into the forums of a podcast and call out one of the hosts like that. It's a risky proposition at best, but we have a good community here and everyone has the right to voice their opinion without being ganged up on or shouted down, so I fully expect any other responses to be civil and understanding.

kevin_leclere likes this.
  3. kevin_leclere

kevin_leclere New Member

Exact response I expected. As I’ve said I mean no Ill will towards you. And I will continue to listen. Well as long as I’m enjoying and I can say the first was pretty decent.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I think it is going to be interesting going forward. I think Glenn was the balance for Josh and vice versa. They both kept each other from going over the line in some areas. :)

I’ll easily say that I probably play a lot less “Josh games” and watch a lot less “Josh stuff” and pretty much agreed with Glenn’s preferences on a lot of things. However, I think Josh brings a different viewpoint to the podcast and I respect that. When we only immerse ourselves in only the things we think we like then we miss out on a lot of things we maybe would not have learned about otherwise. So while I bust his chops about Lego games, Disney Infinity, and obsessive organization I still like hearing about most of it. The only issue I ever have is when it comes to spoilers since I’m often VERY late to check out some things. :)

5. sell1966

sell1966 New Member

I enjoyed the balance between Josh and Glenn. There was some chemistry between them otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to listen for 3 odd hours. I think it has been clear that Glenn has felt down over the last 6 months or so he has sounded more negative recently. But I will miss him. I hope that he can now enjoy his extra time. Respect to him. Hopefully the new guys can build more chemistry and friendship? as they move forward. And if Josh had stopped I think I would have too.

6. teran36

teran36 Active Member

the new guys just need to do a live podcast while getting drunk and punching small animals

7. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

I do feel as though Glenn was the glue that held the pieces together, but I actually enjoy Josh’s perspective on gaming and the sort of dynamic he brings to the table.

I mean, I stopped listening to Greg Miller’s shows because he was too flamboyant for my taste.

But listening to PSNation is like going to my local bar—where everyone knows my name.

I feel comfortable, that Dave and MJC will carry on the legacy, with Josh to watch over and keep things in check.

The bottom line is, not many people like changes, but with enough time, they’ll adjust.

PS. I think Dave and MJC did great.

Carl_S and Dave like this.
  8. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

Josh is right that they need to find a groove. I was very skeptical about a Glenn-less show but after listening to the second episode it was quite enjoyable. Dave didn't seem as nervous and MJC is a pretty damn funny. I'm excited for future shows.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

jahonius88 and Dave like this.
  9. Farmerjohn_

Farmerjohn_ Member

I am enjoying the new podcast, I do look forward to a less nervous set of voices. I am glad Josh is still here, I have kids the same age and they seem to have the exact same interests and gaming ability. When Josh mentions a game Mason liked, I show it to my boy and if there is interest, buy it. I am looking forward to things leveling out and more of that "bar hangout" flow that exists when old friends are discussing games.

Keep it up guys.

jahonius88 likes this.
  10. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I feel like the nerves have settled down over the last few weeks. But just getting comfortable with what I am doing is taking time. I dont/can't really practice the intro and housekeeping stuff but I am getting more comfortable with it

Thanks for the feed back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk