The Monthly Question

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by WithSwordAndGun, Jan 17, 2016.

1. WithSwordAndGun

WithSwordAndGun Never Grammatically Correct Staff Member

Hello everyone, and welcome to The Monthly Question. Every month the PS Nation writers will answer a question giving you a chance to get to know them a bit better. More importantly, this is a great chance to discuss video games and other related topics, as well as to discover great new games. The majority of questions will be focused on PlayStation and video games but not all of them.

Here is the link to The Monthly Question: January 2016. What is your overlooked game/hidden gem of 2015?
    Here is the link to The Monthly Question: February 2016. What is game or game series do you think deserves a second chance?
    Here is the link to The Monthly Question: March 2016. If you could have any prequel or spin-off what would it be?
    Here is the link to The Monthly Question: April 2016. If you could have any prequel or spin-off what would it be?

Here is the link to The Monthly Question: May 2016. If you could have any board game based on a video game or any board game made into a video game what would it be?

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of big and small games get overlooked in general, I was really happy to have given Superbeat: Xonic a chance.

It was totally different from what I'd normally play - 'kill stuff'.

The game literally "reVITAlized" my Vita, and I've bought a bunch of other games, mostly JRPGs that went under my radar due to so many great game releases in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

I'd say for me it was the title - Submerged. It was a nice story and a quick break from playing all those AAA titles.

4. WithSwordAndGun

Finally got around to playing organ trail. God that brings me back. My only complaint is the shooting mechanic. Otherwise I am really enjoying it.

5. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to try it. So many games...

6. WithSwordAndGun

Most of the games mentioned in the article are on sale in the flash sale. And buy Bastion if you haven't played it. There are a ton of great games in the flash sale but Bastion is a game everyone should play.

7. jahonius88

This Flash Sale looks like "crossbuy" celebration!

8. WithSwordAndGun

Keith's game Tennis in the face is only $1.25 and totally worth it. Really wish it was on vita too.

9. brambler

brambler Well-Known Member

I freaking hate the shooting! Ruins the game imo

10. WithSwordAndGun

11. WithSwordAndGun

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was such a great game. The combat was amazing, especially when compared to something like Skyrim.

12. Brad Custer

Took the words right out of my mouth. I had such fun with this game. Too bad it was taken down with the company that created it. The screen shots from the follow-up title looked really good too and there was talk of them adding mounts in the game.

13. WithSwordAndGun

During the first round of auctions no one bought the rights. Wonder who has the rights now.

14. Brad Custer

Well, with a little research, I found the answer and it's quite depressing. The state of Rhode Island now owns the rights to the game so I would say we'll never see anything come of a sequel.

Rhode Island won court approval to take control of all assets owned by 38 Studios, including the rights to Kingdoms of Amalur. Which was decided by US bankruptcy court back in 2012, The Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation and BNY Mellon took possession of all of 38 Studios’ assets, including its intellectual property, as payment for the unpaid $75 million loan granted to 38 Studios by the state.

Sort of wished I didn't research that. At least yesterday I still had a slight hope for a sequel. ;)

15. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

38 studios messed that up so bad. No one will ever be able to touch that IP now without paying the state off to get it. And they would want all debt paid.

Psn: anndwh
    Twitter: @D_Hunt

16. Finklemyre

Finklemyre Member

I enjoyed that on the Ouya... and that's the last we'll speak about that. Haha!

Certified trophy whore.

PSN: Finklemyre

17. jahonius88

Tactics Ogre 2 - Dear God, PLEASE

18. WithSwordAndGun

19. Brad Custer

And if the final nail wasn't in the coffin for Kingdoms of Amalur.

20. WithSwordAndGun

Here is the link to The Monthly Question: March 2016. If you could have any prequel or spin-off what would it be?

I has a spin-off answer for the article. If I had to go with a prequel I think I would go with Mass Effect. I think the first time humans come into contact with the other alien species could be an interesting setting.