Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, MY FISTS HAVE YOUR BLOOD OF THEM!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by The_Marquis, Mar 19, 2018.

1. The_Marquis

The_Marquis Active Member

I don't know how many times I've bought these games already, but I'm all in to buy them again. A great collection and a thing of sprite beauty!

2. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

Looks cool. I needs me some old-school SF

3. The_Marquis

The_Marquis Active Member

I'm digging it.

Having access to every classic title, to be able to enjoy, and appreciate the evolution of the series - it really makes the polygon and garbage decisions of Crapcom USA feel like the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs. We had something beautiful, and it was all wiped out by Crapcom USA / Ono rehashing nostalgia and adding useless garbage like micro-cinematics to fights.

Getting to see stages from 2nd Impact that I haven't seen since the 2000's at Super Just Games in the Chicago area.

I had completely forgotten about the gorgeous sprite illustrations in the win/lose screens.

I absolutely adore this collection and it's such a shame to see what's become of this series under Ono/Crapcom USA.

Here's a pretty solid review:

4. Brizas99

Brizas99 New Member

A definite collection worth-having in every gamer's video library. Bought it on Eneba for a little less than 6eu (was on sale at the time) and had literally one of the most nostalgic moments in quite a while.
    I do agree that the so-called 'evolution' of the series has undergone the wrong direction, but the series is far from dead, and who knows, maybe if the directing manager changes or the competition shifts their direction, we will once again feel the SF spirit as we can with this collection!

Cheers, and while we wait, just blast off in this old-school menace of a game!

5. Gruel

Gruel Member

I love playing this online with a couple friends a few times over the months since its release. I tried dabbling about 20 matches in random ranked matches just to get the 'win one ranked match' trophy, but fail to get lucky once in ranked competition.

The_Marquis likes this.