Random Gaming Rants

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by brambler, Nov 3, 2015.

1. brambler

brambler Well-Known Member

Sometimes I want to come on here and rant about a particular subject but don't necessarily feel it deserves its own thread. So I'm starting this

First off, I think PS Plus kind of sucks. I know everyone likes to defend it but I really feel it's taken a dive since PS4 has come out. Don't get me wrong, I love Resogun and Rocket League. But they really should have had a game like Killzone or Assasins Creed 4 or Knack by now. I wish they could at least give us some better discounts on the bigger games.

Second thing is an idea. I wish we could choose to download certain game updates, even if we don't own the game. If there is a game you know you will get in the future how nice would it be to have all the updates already downloaded so you can play right away?

Anyway that's is all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

I'm not too annoyed by PS+ because I think about it this way. Even if there's only a single $10 game I feel like playing every other month, that's still $60 of games I got for $50. That's 1/12th of the games they give you on the service AND devaluing the game (since most games that go up, especially new ones, are more like $15 or $20) and I'm still getting my money's worth. The value only goes up from there, especially since my taste in games is pretty wide and I like trying new things from time to time.
    So yeah, I don't give two shits about Invisimals on PSP this month. I downloaded Dragon Fin Soup and I am looking forward to trying it out when I get a chance.
    /anti rant
    :D

3. brambler

All I know is I was very happy with it on PS3. My main reason for wanting it was the automatic update feature. The games were just a bonus. I'm just never that thrilled with it anymore. But of course you have to have it. Oh well

cyterio likes this.
  4. WithSwordAndGun

WithSwordAndGun Never Grammatically Correct Staff Member

Everyone wants AAA games on PS Plus but there aren't that many games yet. The AAA PS Plus games on ps3 were years old. I do agree that PS Plus is missing featuers. Mainly automatic update and automatic trophy sync.

5. brambler

I guess my biggest disappointment is that there is no incentive for them to add features or to improve the service since it is required to play online. I would be up for a PlayStation Plus Premium service if it added more features and better games even if it was like $80 a year

Vader202 likes this.
  6. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

I can appreciate where you're coming from and I agree they should have had some of those titles appear by now in the PS Plus games especially Knack and Killzone. I wonder if they are getting away from having AAA titles in the monthly selections to encourage people to try Playstation Now or they've just decided to use this generation as a way to introduce us to smaller/lesser known titles.

Finklemyre likes this.
  7. Finklemyre

Finklemyre Member

Maybe it's just become too common to you. I've been a member of PS+ since day one. I've never regretted it, but it's true that a lot of the magic has disappeared for me.

I remember back in the day being antsy for the Tuesday PSN update, and now I'm just not as jazzed about it. One of my favorite things to do was to go to see what new deals were on for the week. As time has gone on, every week I get a little less excited when I see that I already own just about everything that I want that is on sale.

Maybe you're like me and it's lost some of it's former magic because we've gotten used to it or we've already had most of what it has to offer. I have to say ,though, that getting BioShock Infinite a year after it came out was pretty spectacular.

On a side note, I miss the days when PS+ was a random grab bag. We never knew what to expect and unexpected games would show up every week. I know a lot of people enjoy the new format of getting everything at the first of the month, but I kinda miss the unpredictability of the store back then. I'm probably alone on this one though.

Certified trophy whore.

PSN: Finklemyre

keithddunn likes this.
  8. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

I actually would be against another paywall on top of the current Plus. The only reason I might do that would be if they included PS Now access.

Plus games have been quite "lesser" compared to what we got for PS3 era, but I'm actually happy that most, if not, all the games offered thru Plus are the ones I skipped.

This year, especially, I bought most of the AAA titles that I care about, and the indies and smaller titles offered thru Plus like Never Alone were absolutely awesome.

I love the Plus Vita games like Binding of Isaac, Castle Storm, and Geometry Wars, and I think I've already gotten my money's worth if I count the games I got on PS3.

The only AAA game that I wanna see on PS4 would be Killzone, just so we have more people on the multiplayer servers.

9. CodeNameVii

CodeNameVii Member

I defiantly agree that plus has been kind of lacking recently. Last game I was excited about getting on plus was rocket league. I usually try some of the indie games that are on plus, but they are usually pretty disappointing.

brambler likes this.
  10. JHall03

JHall03 Well-Known Member

You know what grinds my gears? Why can't Sony just build a machine that plays all playstation discs AND all digital playstation games. Call it the PlaystationBox. And they should have released Killzone on PS Plus already.

brambler likes this.
  11. brambler

I would love to see some PS4 games appear on PlayStation Now. That would actually get me to use the service

12. WithSwordAndGun

Everyone likes the idea of backward compatibility. And it's a box to check when your competitor can't. However, 95% of people don't use it.

13. Brad Custer

Is it just me or does Playstation Now seem like a dirty little secret? I mean at first they discussed it a lot at expos, etc. but once it went out of "beta" it seems that its been forgotten. I figured they would really be pushing this and keeping the service in the conversation, but I actually forget about it unless I scroll enough to the right to actually see it on my menu bar. In the beta I played one game to 100% completion and it required some precise platforming to do that so it's not that bad of a service.

14. brambler

Not really surprising. Sony always comes out with great new things and then just drops them like a hot potato

15. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

They just added over 100 new games last week and were tweeting and blogging about the service all week. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. brambler

New Rant...

This is the first holiday season in years that there are no games I'm interested in. All I have bought was the Uncharted Collection and that's was only because of a deal target had. I don't know why but none of the big games this year intrest me. I think part of the reason why is that I'm still so happy playing Rocket League and Madden that I haven't felt the need for a new game

17. WithSwordAndGun

MSG V was amazing and now Fallout 4 will consume my life for months.

18. Brad Custer

I suffer from somewhat of the opposite problem. I see the games and want them all. Damn my backlog. The issue is when I buy them is that sometimes I have a problem actually starting them then if that makes any sense.

Finklemyre likes this.
  19. Finklemyre

Finklemyre Member

Dude! I'm in the same boat. It's so frustrating.

Certified trophy whore.

PSN: Finklemyre

keithddunn likes this.
  20. brambler

I think maybe another problem is that there are no great Sony exclusives and those are what I enjoy the most