Post your recent pick ups!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Twigg4075, May 17, 2017.

1. Twigg4075

Twigg4075 Well-Known Member

I bought it a launch and played a good 10 hrs of it before being sidetracked by sonething else. I enjoyed what I played.

2. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I know, right! :)

I actually thought about putting the matching skin to my PS4 Pro on the black controller but the controller skin is for 1st gen Dualshocks only. :(

3. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

You do like you skins don't you? If its beaver belts to rank games or skins for your consoles/accessories, you seem to have a lot of them. ;)

4. Brad Custer

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I will admit the reports about the buggy AI and other problems kept me away. Usually I like to form my own opinion though.

5. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Go pick you one and slap it on:

http://www.wraptorskinz.com/SearchResults.asp?CatID=198&ShowThumbs=On

Funny thing is I NEVER customize or modify anything else. I guess because they are vinyl and remove easily that I do it with the Playstation stuff. Plus it looks damn cool compared to a solid black device I cannot even see through the smoked glass door of my component cabinet.

6. Twigg4075

Some of my picks ups from the last week or so.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Book clearanced for $20.
    [​IMG]
    Got this Uncharted shirt for .97 cents from Gamestop.
    [​IMG]

tpaullin and Carl_S like this.
  7. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

My recent pickups from Amazon Prime Day and the GameStop Sale:

[​IMG]

8. Brad Custer

You liked Watch Dogs 2 so much you wanted to buy it twice? ;)

9. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Yup.

I am enjoying this one a lot and wanted to get the season pass but it ended up being cheaper to just buy the Gold Edition for $34.99. :)

I thank you for pushing me into this one. hehe

Tangent ...

According to Club Ubisoft I have played WD2 43 hours already and I still have a lot to go. Not sure if I will make it to your 76 hours with it though.

Question: When I first added the Season Pass code it added a bunch of DLC missions to my DedSec app but they were locked. As I progressed the story they all seem to be unlocked now. When should I play the DLC missions? After completing all the main mission? or treat them as side missions and do them before completing the main chain?

Back to the new games stuff ....

For the first time ever I traded games at GameStop. (likely the last too) I got $15.40 credit for Watch Dogs 2 Deluxe Edition (without the Deluxe code of course) and Rayman Legends (which I am never going to play) for $12.10 and applied the $27.50 credit to Resident Evil 7: Bioazard which was on sale for $34.99.

An interesting side note: out of curiosity I was checking trade values on some games and seen that they only pay 80 cents for Killzone Shadowfall. 80 cents??? (and that is the Pro price) Are you kidding me??? I wouldn't give them the plastic case for 80 cents! LOL

10. Twigg4075

This is my new, but completely opened, copy of Robinson I ordered from Lamestop a bit ago.
    [​IMG]
    But I was pleasantly surprised by this, which I also purchased in the Lamestop Game Days Sale. I didn't realize it came with a soundtrack.
    [​IMG]

tpaullin likes this.
  11. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I don't accept them if they have been opened. I don't have a good reason other than the fact that NEW means NEW and UNOPENED in my book. :)

Renegade Bastard and Twigg4075 like this.
  12. Twigg4075

I agree. I tried returning it to my nearest store and they had zero copies, new or used. Closest store was like an hour away. Ugh.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  13. Brad Custer

You're welcome...Now about Just Cause 2 for the PS3. ;)

I got easily distracted in that game and spent a lot of time just causing random chaos. ;) BTW, did you ever had me on the Club?

I personally did them as the unlocked. It seemed the more you completed the story the more that would unlock. I made sure to do the main story as my last part (outside of co-op).

Yeah, the older the game it seems the less they'll give you. I'm sure the age and online prices/sales factor into it. If it trades in at 80 cents then I'm guessing you can get it for about $7 to $8 pre-owned there. This trade-in system is really meant to benefit people who burn through games and can get them back to the store within the first month.

14. Brad Custer

I've heard of them opening copies of games in the past to remove offers, etc. Luckily, I've never bought a game opened from them new. Well, correction I did once. They only had one copy left of said game and it was the shelf display.

15. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

If only it were a PS4 title :)

Yes, I can see your stats which is where I saw the 76 hours. You also got 100% XP on that one. I dislike the fact that nearly 25% of the XP is from repeated multiplayer activities.

I was distracted a lot but apparently not as much as you. :)

I actually finished the main story last night and only ended up doing 1 of the DLC missions thus far so I guess it will be at the end for me.

I am one trophy away from the platinum and after a LOT of attempts working on it for over an hour last night I had my 1st rage quit in a very long time. Sad part is that I need 5 of them and I still have 0 successes. :mad:

Oh I get it but anything under $1 is pretty ridiculous in my book.

16. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

They told me that recently and I said no thanks. She looked and told me it is "new" and I told her sorry but I won't take them if they have been opened. The same thing goes for an obviously re-shrinkwrapped one too. :)

17. Brad Custer

Well, you do have that shiny pre-owned PS3 still...right? ;)

Sorry. Haven't opened the Club Ubisoft app in awhile. It's a pain because it seems every time I do that I have log into it with my PSN acct and that requires the verification process. Also, it seems to knock me out of being logged into tbe PS apps so then I have to log into all of them again. As far as multi-player goes....I didn't realize I played it that much. I only played one session where I went for the online trophies and that was it. I wonder if it counts when you encounter other players in an activity.

I can appreciate this, but at the time I trusted the employees at the store because we chatted often about games, etc. Plus, I can always return it if there's a problem. :)

18. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I don't know why I continue to doubt you. LOL

I added this to my Amazon wish list to start tracking the price for deals so you know what that means. Right now it is $19.99 which is the same price I can get Just Cause 3.

BTW, what are your thoughts on JC3? If I am reading this right you either prefer JC2 over JC3 OR you haven't played JC3 yet. :)

I haven't ran up against this. I use the Club Ubisoft app on my iPad, the website at work, and obviously the PS4 integration and I have never had to re-verify.

On the same note: I've never bought into the explanation that they have to open a copy so that they have a box for the shelf. As big as GameStop is the publishers would send them all the empty boxes with cover art that they wanted. I'm sure they have some real reason for it that they don't share with the public.

19. Brad Custer

Backlog. It's high on it to play, but since it's not installed yet I want to clear others off first. When I feel inspired. ;)

I'm sure all retailers could ask for this, but I guess it's just as easy to open one and display it. I understand fully why they don't put the entire game out there though. Sticker fingers. ;) Speaking of Gamestop, I know people aren't a big fan, but today they emailed me a $50 voucher towards the purchase of PSVR. Too bad I'm not interested.

20. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Photo coming in a few days. That is all I am saying. :)

I did all of my pre-orders in 2015 through GameStop. I still have a Pro membership and love the magazine and Game Informer website. However, in 2017 I have pre-ordered all of my games from Amazon because the 20% off is too much of a savings to give up to get it from GameStop, I also am NOT a GameStop hater which seems to be a popular thing at this time. If GameStop goes the way of BlockBuster in the future then that will leave a lot of the country in the situation of only having Wal-Mart as an option for same day pickup.