PlayStation Service & Repair Q&A

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by CNPalmer, Nov 17, 2015.

1. CNPalmer

CNPalmer Moderator Staff Member

I decided to start this thread up relating to my 3 article series about the service & repair process I went through with the official Sony process.

All 3 parts can be found here:

Let me know if you have any questions about anything I ran into before, during or after with process or any troubleshooting suggestions I could help with.

2. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the series. Good read! For your sake I hope there is no part 4!

3. CNPalmer

Thank you! So far no need for a part 4. I haven't had any issue at all since the repair. Very happy with the process & results.

4. mjuice

mjuice Member

I had to send both my ps3 and ps4 for repair at some point in their life. Both i had gotten back a new console. My ps3 was a 60gb backwards compatible, and they had sent me back a 120 gb slim, which i was fine with since i barely played the ps2 games on it. PS4 it wouldn't turn on. It would beep a few times and shut down. They both went fairly quickly, maybe around a 2 week turnaround. I was happy with the service.

5. CNPalmer

I luckily never experienced any issues previously with any of my Sony consoles, I had 4 backwards compatible PS3's, 5 slims and now have 7 PS4's. My only issue ever was with this launch day PS4. I suppose it is just luck of the draw for some of them. I am certainly glad I never did experience the YLOD at on on the PS3. I did a lot of research in case I did and I never felt comfortable with trying a re-flow.

6. mjuice

mjuice Member

Wow....thats a ton of consoles.

7. CNPalmer

Yeah, what can I say, I'm a fanboy :D Also this is an accumulation over 8+ years at least.