Officially official PS Nation Rocket League League

Discussion in 'Leagues/Competition' started by plpalo, Sep 3, 2015.

?

What format do we want to use?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2015.
  1. One game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Best-of-three sets

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. brambler

brambler Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to try and play a match tonight I will be on. As for my teammate, I have no idea lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

Sure thing. I'll be on tonight also.

3. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

:(:(:(

4. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

I'll be on. See you on the pitch!

5. brambler

I think the league is pretty much dead huh?

6. WithSwordAndGun

WithSwordAndGun Never Grammatically Correct Staff Member

We never had that much trouble setting up a time for a match. Me and tpaullin haven't won a game yet and are still having a great time.

tpaullin, Beaver6622 and CA-FOD like this.
  7. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

No, but it's pulse is weakening. I'll keep playing if everyone else is game.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

tpaullin and CA-FOD like this.
  8. brambler

I'll try and round up my teammate

9. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

I didn't think it made sense to incldue the third week's schedule if half of the previous games is incomplete.

10. brambler

Ok guys I've been thinking of a new format for a league. Something that would make it much more flexible for people to play. Here is what I've come up with.

It would be an individual league, but we would still play 2v2.

Each week you could play up to 5 league matches.
    A win would give you 10 points
    Goals 2 points
    Saves 1 point
    Assists 1 point
    If you play with at least 3 different teammates, you get an additional 5 bonus points for the week.

Again the standings would rank us all individually but I feel this would allow a great amount of flexibility for all people. You wouldn't have to play 5 matches but obviously the more you play the more it would benefit you. I think this could help even casual players get into it. Or people like Torgo who don't have much time

What do you think? Comments and suggestions are welcome

tpaullin and CA-FOD like this.
  11. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

I believe a change is needed. Otherwise the league is dead. I'm not willing to be the scorekeeper, though. The format feels fine, although the 5 point bonus seems unfair to those, who simply can't play that much.

Do you suggest a free-running league where the more you play the more points you can get or are there schedules and limits?

12. tpaullin

I agree. Especially with folks in different time zones and countries like yourself. Gotta do something different.

PSN: tpaullin

13. brambler

I am suggesting a maximum number of 5 games per week. Also I proposed the 5 point bonus for playing with 3 different people to prevent 2 dominant players from always teaming up. I just want a league that everyone can enjoy and play at their leisure. Again if anyone has more suggestions or ideas how to make this happen, please share :)

14. WithSwordAndGun

Personally, I like playing with the same person each time. I get to know how they play and get to know them better as a person. I was think there should be defined teams that are picked randomly and then redo teams for next season. If we are always playing with different people that is not a league. It is just a bunch of people playing together.

I am fine constantly playing with different people. I just wanna play and have fun but then I dont see why we would keep track of the points. Then its all about individuals and not a team. When playing with a team I am more concerned about the team than my points. If i only care about my points than would why anyone stay back and watch the net?

15. brambler

Well it's been hard to get everyone's schedule to line up so I thought if we did it this way it would be easier to get games going. You also get more points for winning so that should inspire teamwork. You would also get points for saves and assists. Hopefully if we get people to join the new Rocket League community it will be much easier to find someone to play with

16. WithSwordAndGun

All good points. Lets start Sunday.

17. brambler

Haha ok maybe. Let's see if anyone else is interested

18. tpaullin

Depends on how the Vikings/Broncos game goes. Lol

19. brambler