Officially official PS Nation Rocket League League

Discussion in 'Leagues/Competition' started by plpalo, Sep 3, 2015.

?

What format do we want to use?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2015.
  1. One game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Best-of-three sets

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

Thanks to Brambler's 'gauging interest' topic posted some time ago (http://psnation.com/forums/index.php?threads/rocket-league-league-gauging-interest.481/) some of you showed interest in playing in a Rocket League League.

There always is one step required from showing interest and really doing something so I decided to take it upon myself to finalize organization of the league :)

I created a league on a league management website, where some of the people from Brambler's thread signed up, confirming that they want to play:

http://psnrocketleague.leaguerepublic.com/

Here are the basic rules for registration and playing:

Rules
    • If you want to play, go to the link above and select More -> Player Reg
    • Alternatively, let me know via PM on the forums, if you don't want to register there (including PSN ID)
    • The tentative registration deadline is 4th of September 2015 so that the league can start on Saturday
    • I will hold a draw of teams on Saturday to set up 2-player teams
    • If there is an odd number of players, I will be left out and wait for one other person to join :)
    • We will schedule one game per team per week
    • The teams will have to arrange the specific time to play between themselves
    • The results should be sent to me via PM or entered in this thread
    • At least one player should report the score in form of screenshots from the summary of each game
    Play format
    Teams play a best-of-3 match. The winner earns 1 point, the loser gets 0 points. The overall set difference is the first tiebreaker in the standings. The overall goal difference is the second tiebreaker.

Team pairings

• Madtown Vices: Ganjgurru & iamtheliquor608
    • The Silver Beavers: Beaver6622 & Silverstripes
    • SpiderMonkeys : Brambler & Omegaspider227
    • Monokuma : Andyscout & DJ_Tomato
    • The Rocketeers : tpaullin & Withswordandgun
    • The Whiffers : Mjuice & CA-FOD
    • Two Rocks : Two_Hands_Revy & Plaz44

All the currently registered players are listed on the league site:

http://psnrocketleague.leaguerepublic.com/

Individual statistics
    Based on the game summary screenshots, individual statistics are kep for all players. They include Goals, Assists, Saves, Shots, Points and MVP awards, as this is what's available in the game. We need those screenshots to keep this up-to-date so do your best in grabbing them at the end of each game. http://psnrocketleague.leaguerepublic.com/l/playerStats/756205584/1_517327980.html

Schedule
    To make sure the league moves forward, each team has to play at least one game a week. This is represented by the match grid, which can be found here : http://psnrocketleague.leaguerepublic.com/l/fixtureGrid/756205584/1_517327980.html. The deadline for each week is Sunday at midnight, as indicated by the match date in the table. Please, report all results by then or let us know that the game will not take place. The schedule, and the results, will also be posted in this thread, week by week.

Week 1 (until 09/13/15)
    • Madtown Vices v Monokuma Not Played
    • SpiderMonkeys v The Rocketeers 2 (7) - 0 (4)
    • The Whiffers v The Silver Beavers 0 (2) - 2 (13)
    • Two Rocks (bye)
    Week 1 (until 09/20/15)
    • SpiderMonkeys v Monokuma
    • The Rocketeers v The Whiffers 2 (6) - 0 (4)
    • Two Rocks v Madtown Vices
    • The Silver Beavers (bye)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  2. WithSwordAndGun

WithSwordAndGun Never Grammatically Correct Staff Member

I think best of 3 games is the way to go. We also need a playoff system once every team has played each other. For example

After round-robin,

1st place has bye
    2nd vs 3rd play to see who plays in championship against 1st place
    4th vs 5th place play each other to see who plays loser of 2nd vs 3rd place for 3rd place

3. brambler

brambler Well-Known Member

I like option 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

That's the American approach :) Football (soccer) usually doesn't have playoffs in Europe and I'm not sure with 5-6 teams this will make much sense. We can still do a Final Four, single elimination stage.

5. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

Can you guys vote in the poll to see the real number there? :)

6. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

I don't think this format is supported by the software we're using :) What about a simple Final Four single-elimination playofs? 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3, winners play for the cup.

7. WithSwordAndGun

With only five teams we can set up who plays in the playoffs. The software will give us the team rankings. I like the bye idea better. The 1st place team should be rewarded for their success and that way only one of the top three teams can win the cup. But I really dont care in the end. Just want to play some rocket league with other PS Nationers.

8. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

We can have another poll when we finish the regular season or sometime during. You're right - let's focus on starting the ball rolling (no pun intented) for now.

9. mjuice

mjuice Member

i do have a question regarding in game. i dont typically like hearing other people so i never use a headset in game since i usually just randomly hop on and dont play with friends. However a headset seems like it would be needed (which is not a big deal because i do have one). My question is, when using the headset can you only hear your team, or can you hear the entire lobby (both teams)?

10. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

Dude, you can consider it *official*, it's still a function of our community. I wish I had the time to play :-/

11. WithSwordAndGun

I am not sure. I was just planning on creating a party for my team so we can talk before the game.

12. mjuice

mjuice Member

yea that can be done as well. good point .

13. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

I don't think I can change the topic title at this point and I didn't want to use the 'official' title withot the blessing of the brass ;)

Maybe you'll get more free time for season two. The games are only 6-7 minutes long and the plan is to play one game a week, even in the best-of-3 scenario it's only 20 minutes a week (including setup). I think it's feasible even if you don't have much time. And you're playing the game anyway ;)

14. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

Yeah, I also think that PS4 party system is the way to go here.

15. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

Changed it for you then

plpalo likes this.
  16. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

I'm sorry to whoever gets stuck with me.

17. brambler

brambler Well-Known Member

Just pretend it's an RPG then you'll be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plpalo likes this.
  18. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

I think a lot of us feel thevsame about ourselves ;) you have to convince Carl_s that the skill doesn't matter in season 1. Let's play and see how it works out :)

CA-FOD and tpaullin like this.
  19. mjuice

mjuice Member

i am very hit or miss in this game. i will go games without score then ill have a few in a row where i will score a few goals. I am terrible at judging where the ball is going. I have completely whiffed on many occasions. I also hit directly into a wall when im right next to the net.

CA-FOD likes this.
  20. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

image.jpg

tpaullin and brambler like this.