Official Destiny 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by david.hunt23, May 16, 2017.

1. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Well, after spending a week with the game and entirely too much time I can say I'm pleased by the overall experience. They've streamlined a lot of features which is welcomed. Just think I'll never have to keep clicking on motes of light to get my perks unlocked on armor or weapons again.

Still not crazy about the changes to shaders. I get what they're trying to do, but there's a couple I might want to use and have only gotten 3 of it so far and with no way of quickly getting others then it's all just up to RNG. And, I hope they bring back weapon synths because there's been a few times where I'm not having kinetic drop and I end up being down to relying on my energy weapon as I watch it quickly disappear. ;) Maybe I'm a bad shot. The strikes feel a lot longer, but the payoff isn't there anymore if you're a hardcore player.

Again, I'm still enjoying the game and those are just minor points that have popped into my mind as I played this past week. I do like the sense of community in the game. Mostly in the EDZ and on Titan. The other 2 zones can be hit or miss to see others. And, speaking of community, maybe there's a way to organize it so we can get as many people through the Nightfall (at least) and the Raid weekly in the coming months. It seems like leveling your power hits a wall in the 270's so you really have to count on the exotics to drop. And, the RNG really dislikes me in the game. I keep getting the same few armor pieces from them.

2. Brad Custer

So, what are some of your favorite/go-to weapons and armor pieces legendary or exotic so far in the game?

3. Brad Custer

I tried joining this and I got the message that the invite had expired or maybe because it's me. ;) Wanted to see what it was all about. Can you create another invite?

4. david.hunt23

david.hunt23 Moderator Staff Member

https://discord.gg/W9Tu8t

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

david.hunt23 likes this.
  6. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Ok, I made it to level 5 and power level 54 last night so it looks like I'm now ready for end game raiding. Who is up for some heroic Nightfall? Is that even a thing? LOL

7. Wow, I just noticed the inventory is shared between the 3 characters automatically without going to the vault.

8. RyX05x

RyX05x Member

anyone want to do the nightfall tonight? what is the best way to connect with the clan on here?

9. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Should I be spending these tokens for reputation as I get them? I got 1 to ight in Titan and traded it but don't know where the item I got is. I still have 13 EDZ tokens that I didn't spend.

Help a noob out. What should I be doing?

10. RyX05x

RyX05x Member

pretty sure you want to spend them...right? :) It has been helping me level up by spending them you get engrams.

11. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Where do I see the engrams? Do I use those to buy gear from the same vendor or somewhere else?

12. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Also, who are these people I keep seeing around me? I get that 1.2 million people are playing the game so obviously it is not everybody but I've seen people who are level 20s (mostly) and people are are level 10s but I don't think I have seen anyone around me level. Can anyone share some light on this? :)

13. david.hunt23

It doesn't only match you with people similar in level. So it can be completely random. I think each server hold about 25 players so it all depends on who loaded into the area when.

And yes turn the tokens in as you play. If you really want to wait until you beat the story you could do that and just keep putting the higher gear drops on as you pick them up.

I recommend playing the story mission on each planet and doing the adventures that are available to you before changing planets. That way you should be level 20 by the ending of the campaign

14. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Thanks

What are these adventures you speak of?

Last night I managed to get in 2 public events since they were basically started with 500 feet of where I was standing. There was only a total of 3 or 4 of us doing it and it was pretty damn fun. :)

See my PM to you BTW about codes. (and ask your Bungie friends when they are going to fix the code redemption issues that they have over 100+ messages about on the help forums LOL)

15. david.hunt23

Adventures are the side mission. Orange swords on your map

16. So Destiny 2 Spoilers... What happened to the speaker, traveler, where were the iron lords, that ending?

17. david.hunt23

Thinks it's pretty clear. I'll be vague not to ruin for all. There is a space to scan in social space after campaign that talks about the speaker. Traveler is still there and we the guardians are the iron lords

18. Thanks, I must've missed the scan about the speaker.

david.hunt23 likes this.
  19. cromanillos

cromanillos Member

I get a message that the Link/Invite to the Discord group is outdated or invalid.

Can you kindly update the link?

Thanks!

20. david.hunt23

https://discord.gg/p6cyWN