My thoughts on the EA event at E3 2015

Discussion in 'E3 2015' started by Carl_S, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Watched this last night and now I have seen all the press events except for Microsoft. My thoughts follow:

Mass Effect Andromeda - The event starts with a cinematic for this but nothing else is shown that I recall - leaves you knowing little except that it is in development

Need for Speed - Graphics look good - wet streets really showed it off - however, gameplay looks very one note - not arcade enough to be in that genre and not realistic enough to be in the sim genre - I am not the audience for this and I am not interested

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic expansion - It is FREE! From EA - very hard to believe - I have no clue about it though as they show a lot of cinematics only and I have never played the game

Unravel - puzzle platformer with "Yarny" - I am interested at the right price

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - solo mode this go round - co-op too - I want to like it but it just doesn't look fun for me personally

Then come a series of announcements for the 2016 versions of several EA sports games including NHL 16, PGA Tour 16, NBA Live 16, Madden 16 with some other stuff squeezed between the presentations. Each of them is very similar which is why I am grouping them together. Basically, they all have all these awesome new features over the 2015 versions and are the best ones ever. They show tons of animations like they do on the TV commercials but virtually no real gameplay footage. You been fed all this stuff before in 2015, 2014, 2013, etc. etc.

Mobile games - they briefly talk about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and the spend a good bit of time on Minions Paradise - a builder game - I am interested in neither one - I seen build timers in Minions so I am curious whether it is filled with "buy to speed up" stuff.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Action Adventure - 1st person but they keep showing 3rd person animations - not sure on this one

Star Wars Battlefront - Looks good - reminds me of Battlefield 4 a little bit - Best thing they presented during the event and they finally showed actual game play - I was not interested in this title before the press event but sort of am afterwards. Consider me curious on this one.

Overall, not the disaster that Square Enix was but not nearly as good as Bethesda, Ubisoft, and Sony press conferences. :)