My thoughts on the Bethesda event at E3 2015

Discussion in 'E3 2015' started by Carl_S, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

May be the best one of all the press conferences (but maybe not) :)

My thoughts:

Doom - I didn't like the original game and this one probably isn't for me either. The presenter said in the beginning that Doom is about 3 things: 1. Demons 2. Lots of Big F-ing Guns 3. Fast movement - It is that last part that turns me off because the pacing may be a bit too hyperactive for me - HOWEVER: This game looks awesome as hell - If I had the chops to play it I think I would be all over this one - Lot of guns and the Chainsaw was brutal - A lot of people are going to love this one

Battlecry - Nothing there really does anything for me - not interested

Dishonored/Dishonored 2 - I know the 1st game is 1st person but not sure about the 2nd. First person stealth seems tough - undecided and want to see more

Elder Scrolls Online - MMO, no thanks - After spending 2 years with WOW chasing the cheese over and over I just cannot devote the time to an MMO. (and definitely not on the console if I change my mind)

Fallout 4 - Yes Please! Pip-Boy Edition pre-ordered

Fall0ut Shelter for iOS/Android - I generally boycott mobile games that have microtransactions or are freemium but will check this out on the iPad when I get a chance

2. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

They definitely had a good conference in my opinion. I'm looking to get Doom, Dishonored 2 and of course Fallout 4. Battlecry is of no interest to me and I did get Elders Scrolls Online, but after not being able to get online to even play it I'll just limit myself to one mmo.

3. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I like the idea behind Dishonored but I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me that makes me want to play it now.

4. Brad Custer

The first Dishonored was a lot of fun especially with the powers you were able to use. I can't wait to see what the next one will allow us to do.

5. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

1st person stealth sounds hard to do. :)

6. Brad Custer

It's not as hard as it sounds because you have powers that let you track the movements of the enemies and you have the ability to teleport/blink which is really helpful. I'd say if you can find a deal on the game or rent it somewhere it's worth a try.