MGC 2018 Roll call!

Discussion in 'Special Events' started by Beaver6622, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

Soooo... Who's going? Are we meeting up anywhere Thursday/Friday?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Torgo likes this.
  2. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

I'll be there Friday afternoon

3. androvsky

androvsky New Member

My wife and I will be there late Thursday, so we'll be around Friday in case of meetups.

Torgo likes this.
  4. The_Marquis

The_Marquis Moderator

I was looking forward to attending again this year to hang out with chums, but getting socked with $5,000 in dental bills has crushed any plans I may have had for the immediate future.

:(

5. Torgo

:-(

6. ArmorFist

ArmorFist Member

My girlfriend and I will be getting there Thursday so we’ll be around for doing something if/when people are meeting up. Can’t wait to see everyone again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaver6622 and Torgo like this.
  7. SinfoniaSam

SinfoniaSam Moderator Staff Member

I'll be getting in with Jeff on Thursday. Perhaps we can get together and go to the Safehouse?

We could also go see a movie. Ready Player One is out.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Torgo likes this.
  8. Torgo

The Safehouse is walkable from there, as long as this crazy weather stops its reign of terror.

9. The_Marquis

The_Marquis Moderator

If I could make it, I'd be dragging all of your sorry asses to see Rampage! :mad:

I don't expect much, but I enjoy Dwayne Johnson and I loved playing Rampage in arcade when I was young and less of a curmudgeon. I hope there's a scene of buxom lady whose showers is interrupted as an Easter egg in the movie. :p

10. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

Jess and I will be heading down on Thursday.
    Sam! We'd love to see Ready Player One ya stinkwrinkle. We're staying at the Hilton.

11. SinfoniaSam

SinfoniaSam Moderator Staff Member

We're at the Hilton too. Be getting in around 5-6. Let's plan on meeting in the lobby of the Hilton at 7pm, then go grab dinner and drinks.

We can make plans for that night and Friday then. Keepin' it chill.

12. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

We'll see you then!

13. Gruel

Gruel Member

I was originally shooting to get in around Friday afternoon, but adjusted to stay ahead of the mammoth rain/snowstorm hitting midday Friday and all of saturday in the areas I'll be traveling through. Barring any travel issues I should be getting in Friday morning. I am staying at the Regency Hyatt. Been a few years so looking forward to catching up with everyone, if someone wouldn't mind shooting me a line on what winds up planned Friday night I would mighty appreciate it!

Torgo likes this.
  14. Torgo

Can't wait to see everyone!

The_Marquis likes this.
  15. ArmorFist

ArmorFist Member

We ending up stopping at a friend’s house on the way up so we won’t be around tonight. I’m not sure if we’ll make the movie tomorrow. It will depend on what time everyone is going. We’ll be around in the afternoon and evening for sure if people are hanging out or doing something then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. JHall03

JHall03 Well-Known Member

gonna miss hearing everybody's pick ups on the podcast. hope you guys have fun. i'm jealous, as usual

17. Gruel

Gruel Member

MGC weekend was a blast! Loved the new venue and glad I was able to take in a little bit of everything from roaming the mammoth vendor hall and museum, checking out a lot of awesome homebrew and arcade machines in the community zone rooms, catching a couple panels and hanging out and catching up with everyone!

tpaullin and Torgo like this.
  18. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

Very fun weekend! And my kids can’t wait to go back next year. Glad I got to see a bunch of you guys.
    Hopefully next time I can stay until Monday.

Torgo likes this.
  19. androvsky

androvsky New Member

We had a blast, I love the new venue too. Had fun exploring the skywalks, hopefully next year there will be more stores open. I couldn't tell if there was a bunch of renovations going on or if there were just a lot of store closings. Without Carl there I didn't end up buying much. About all that was really for me was an import Super Robot Wars collection for PS1, although I do feel like all the other vendors had better selections this year.

It was great seeing everyone again, I just hope we have more time next year. We had to leave early because the snow was making me a bit nervous, so it felt like I wasn't able to spend as much time in the non-dealer areas as I wanted this time.

Torgo likes this.