MGC 2016 Chat

Discussion in 'MGC 2016 | April 8-10, 2016' started by Torgo, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

Figured I'd setup an open thread for general chatter. What are you hoping to find at MGC this year?

I'm going to focus on Turbografx 16/PC Engine (as always), Atari Jaguar, Neo Geo. But I also may try to find a 3DO to add to the collection this year, and I'd still love to find a working Fairchild Channel-F, since that's actually the first console I ever had.

You?

2. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

I'd love to find some of the older Atelier games. I only really got into the series starting on PS3 but they go back a ways and I kinda want to collect them now. Some are import only though, so not sure how lucky I'll be with that.

3. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

From what I understand they have a lot of older arcade games at this event, right? If so (and I was able to go) I'd love to track down the old arcade game, Cliff Hanger. I believe that's the name. I've always wanted to play that one again.

4. Torgo

Yeah, there are TON of arcade and pinball games available to play, all for free

5. Brad Custer

Good to know. I might have to remind you guys to keep an eye for that arcade game the closer it gets to the date because if they have it then I might have to make the point of coming next year. :)

6. SinfoniaSam

SinfoniaSam Moderator Staff Member

This year I'll be coming a day early on Thursday. Not really looking for anything in particular, but some retro video game decor for the office / new house would be nice.

Of course, the obligatory Carlson purchase.

7. Julian vega

Julian vega New Member

This is my first time going so I'm going to be excited with every thing that's going to be there. I just got a sega Saturn going to look for games for that. Some ps2 games. I'm nervous to meet the psnation Community since I'm a shy person and I'm bad with starting Conversation up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SinfoniaSam

SinfoniaSam Moderator Staff Member

You'll likely see me with a group generally being loud and ridiculous!

For Saturn, you'll want an Action Replay for sure to play imports. Then visit the Mad-Gear booth and see what Carlson has. Apparently he just picked up a large lot of Saturn games!

9. Brad Custer

I wouldn't worry about it. For the most part, they all "seem" pretty harmless. ;) Heck, you could always get in a few party chats ahead of MGC with some fellow PSNationers that way the ice is already broken.

10. Julian vega

Julian vega New Member

Well do

11. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

Oh yeah man don't worry we're all awkward nerds. I'll be the dork stick standing next to the tall beautiful woman who I drag with every year.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

12. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

I'll be looking to pick up any games from my childhood for the NES SNES Genesis.
    I got a Retron 5 a couple months ago, what games should I get for the other "systems"? I like Shmups, sports, action, fighting games. Not into RPGs though...

13. Damon Bullis

Damon Bullis Moderator Staff Member

I'm torn between saving my money for the VR or getting some classic games with a Retron 5. We will actually be arriving in town on Wednesday and two friends will be flying in on Friday. Can't wait!

Beaver6622 and Torgo like this.
  14. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

Are you and Jessica going to the movie and the game on Friday?

Torgo likes this.
  15. Damon Bullis

Damon Bullis Moderator Staff Member

Yep we are actually flying in on Wednesday

16. Looking for a low priced dot matrix pinball machine ^^ *Can dream*

17. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

I was just doing some double checking with my tickets to the show and the baseball game and couldn't find anything to print off for the baseball game. I can't remember, are our names just on a list or do I need to contact somebody to get "tickets"?

18. Torgo

Names are all on a list that I will have. We'll give the tickets out before we get on the bus

19. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

Ok cool. Thanks.

20. tylerdog2k5

tylerdog2k5 New Member

I plan on not getting black out drunk

Torgo likes this.