Josh Langford and PS Nation Part Ways

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

As You may or may not have heard on Episode 622 of the podcast, PS Nation and Josh Langford have parted ways. It wasn’t an easy decision, and I’m not happy that I had to make it. I’m not going to get into the reasons why, as it’s not anyone’s business.

I want to thank Josh for all of his years of hard work, especially on the website and helping standardize our review process and format. I sincerely wish him nothing but the best in the future.

There will be some more changes happening at PS Nation in the very near future, but for now, please help me thank Josh for everything that he’s done for us and for the community.

Glenn

2. CA-FOD

CA-FOD Active Member

I haven’t listened yet, but this is a major bummer! Is this a recent decision? Sounds like he was planning on going to E3 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. coalponfire

coalponfire Member

Sad news indeed and much love to Josh for his many years of making PSNation what it currently is today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Torgo

This all happened last Monday

5. Gruel

Gruel Member

Aw man, sorry to hear Josh is leaving! I will miss your hot Atari takes (will we ever get that Vita Atari Flashbacks review!?!?) and your rundown of that ancient Atari parts website hooking you up with excellent replacement parts is still one of my all-time favorite segments of the show's history (wish I remember what episode it was in)! Also loved your work on getting a nice format for reviews and how you mentioned you were on top of those behind-the-scenes formatting and updating of it. I use to do that kind of thing on old websites I worked on and know how easy it is to get wrapped up in it all. Hope things work out for you Josh and best of luck!

Torgo likes this.
  6. Is this because he didn't take down the 10 year anniversary shirt?
    Jk
    I'm devastated to hear this, I'm a week behind in the podcast an be didn't expect this at all. Been a listener since 2009, i remember when he started.

JHall03, LBEDZKI44 and coalponfire like this.
  7. LBEDZKI44

LBEDZKI44 Active Member

Sorry to hear about this. Gonna miss him. Hope it was for the best for everyone!

8. DaveS1138

DaveS1138 Member

Very sorry to hear this :(
    However, I do have to say hearing Glenn on the show again was fantastic. Any chance in honor of Endgame we can "Un-snap" Glenn back onto the show ;)

Torgo likes this.
  9. Torgo

I don't think that Dave and MJC need me gumming the works up. Plus, Stewart and I may start doing something monthly ;-)
    ps that doesn't mean that I can't stop-by occasionally...

10. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

First, Papa Glenn

And now uncle Josh?

There is no God.

JHall03 likes this.
  11. coalponfire

coalponfire Member

I think I’m done with PSNation for the most part. Thanks for the fishes. The explanation or lack there of kinda doesn’t sit right with me. Good luck with the endeavor none the less.

12. Torgo

I'm sorry that feel that way, but I'm not going to reveal any details. That would be in poor taste and I won't do it.

Finklemyre and coalponfire like this.
  13. CA-FOD

CA-FOD Active Member

I’m in the same boat. Josh has been with PS Nation for many years and didn’t even get a good bye episode...just gone (and by the way Glenn put it, doesn’t sound like it was a mutual decision). That’s hard to take for us listeners, especially with no explanation. We don’t need to hear the dirty laundry and gossip, but something. Glenn, you mentioned that you want to quell rumors by making this announcement, but with no reason, it only feeds rumors, just sayin. I got nothing against MJC and Dave, great guys actually, but i am closer in age to Glenn and Josh. Josh is what kept me listening for the past year and a half since Glenn left. We have similar interests, our kids are around the same ages. It was good to listen to a peer. Again, nothing against Dave or MJC, but this left a very bad taste in my mouth. I am grateful for the friends I met through PS Nation, there is truly a great community here. But a lot of the friends I have made here, have already stopped listening to the show. It was good while it lasted. Thanks for the hours and hours of entertainment.

All the best to the staff at PS Nation.

Make PS Nation Great Again!

coalponfire likes this.
  14. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

I just hope that everyone just gives us a chance. We can only control what we can. I know every was nervous when Glenn retired and I think the show has come a long way since then.

I was nervous how mjc and myself would fit in with Josh.

The last year and half has been some of the most fun I have had doing hobby stuff in a long time.

So please just give us some time to adjust and find a new routine and maybe you everything will be alright.

I have learned alot from Josh over the last 5 plus years I have been doing things for psnation.

He will be missed but things will go on

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. coalponfire

coalponfire Member

You guys are great but many of us were drawn to the Glenn+Josh dynamic with discussion continuously shifting from old tv shows/movies. Without that the draw isn’t there for me. I’m not sure about others but I’m also somewhat older. Endless talk of games as services also drives me nuts.

DazzElle likes this.
  16. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Understandable. But that is what I am currently covering. I try to expand my games but the service games do take alot of my time.

But I would urge you to maybe give us a chance. Mjc and myself might surprise you.

But I do thank you for all the support over the years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

coalponfire likes this.
  17. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

I’ll keep listening and supporting in ways I can afford.

PSNation kept me afloat through some dark times and I like what I’m hearing from Dave and MJC.

It’s just that my work has pretty much consumed all aspects of my life, and I can’t game and engage in community as much as I used to.

I just want to say that I appreciate Josh’s contribution all these years, and I wish him the best.

Torgo and Dave like this.
  18. DaveS1138

DaveS1138 Member

That’s all I’m asking for. Just the occasional visit. Just.....for example.....start with every week and we’ll take it from there. ;)
    I’ve really missed hearing you every week :(

But you’ve teased the Gilray and Glenn Gamestravaganza for long enough. Make it happen please. It will be amazing :)

coalponfire likes this.
  19. PSfan4Life22

PSfan4Life22 Member

Yeah sadly I may be done listening too. I have listened to every episode going back to some point in 2008 but it just isn't the same anymore. I use to enjoy hearing Glenn, Joel, and Josh talk about things because they are closer to my age group and they played a pretty large variety of games I'd be interested in hearing about. Nothing against Dave and MJC but it just isn't the same and I'm not so much into listening about the live service games, Overwatch, etc. I stuck with the show after Joel left and even after Glenn but with Josh now gone too (and no reason given at all) I just don't know that there is much else for me here. I'll probably give the next couple a listen and go from there but I don't see things changing my mind.

Best of luck Josh on your future endeavors.

devilfunk_ and coalponfire like this.
  20. tomhlord

tomhlord Member

Well, this sucks.

Very sorry to hear this.

I've really enjoyed every episode I've ever listened to. Be it Glenn and Mark, or with Josh and Joel and I think the Josh/MJC/Dave combination has been brilliant too with a fresh take.

I'll continue listening, please keep up the great work.

Best of luck Josh and PS Nation.