I see what you are doing here

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Carl_S, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

So episode 548 clocked in at 1 hour 59 minutes and I was thinking that was kind of short but it was Extra Life week so I figured that was the deal. Then I looked at 549 this morning and seen it was like only 1 hour and 34 minutes!!! :eek::eek::eek:

So I start listening and one of the first things out of Glenn's mouth is that it is going to be 3 hours. Then during the housekeeping he talks about it being 2 1/2 hours long and I'm like hmmmmm.

Then I figured it out!!!

You're trying to Loot Box us for the 2nd half of the episodes. We get 1.5 hours up front then we have to buy enough loot boxes to get enough smoker wood pellets to buy the 2nd half of the episode.

Sneaky, very sneaky. No more EA events for you 2.

:D:D:D

HellblazerHawkman likes this.
  2. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

Also, we only had like 4 days between episodes...

Carl_S likes this.
  3. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Personally, I think there's more to the story "behind-the-scenes". ::::puts on his tin foil cap::::

Here's my conspiracy theory. Josh and Glenn can't stand each other anymore. ;) They're trying to find a way out of doing the podcast together. Example Josh takes a new job that he hopes will be a conflict with being part of the podcast, but the community doesn't mind.

This is why the podcasts are getting shorter and shorter. They can barely stand even talking to each other. ;) Let's see if this ridiculous idea can spread like wildfire....

HellblazerHawkman likes this.
  4. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Josh did blow Glenn off for Extra Life so you may be barking up the right tree with this theory.

You notice Glenn has been saying "Indeed" a lot after Josh says something? Maybe "Indeed" is code for "F U Josh, I hate your guts!" :eek:

:p:p:p

5. Brad Custer

Haha. Also, I'm starting to think they're not even recording the podcasts together anymore. They do them at separate times and then Glenn pieces them together. ;) That's why they're getting shorter.

6. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Did you notice that on the UFC 3 interview with the producer that it didn't sound like Josh? (I don't think it was)

7. Torgo

Any more?

8. Torgo

It was, but he used his iPhone instead of the recorder that we bought for him...

Carl_S likes this.
  9. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

There's more ??? :eek::eek::eek:

10. Torgo

"Josh and Glenn can't stand each other anymore"

Carl_S likes this.
  11. Brad Custer

Well, I'm at the part where we just came back from the break and, oh boy, the tension... ;)

12. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I finished it yesterday (wasn't too hard with it being so ... cough cough ... short). Glenn comments at the end about how short it was. (obviously not the 1st time he's had to say that! LOL) --- Midwest ball busting coming at ya!

13. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation

I get the ball busting and all but I had a family issue that superseded Extra Life. I just didn't really want to discuss it.

14. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

We're just having fun. Please don't take it seriously.

(No one else should either)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  15. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation

I get it, just clarifying.

16. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

@bradcuster

You catch that "just clarifying"? I'm reasonably certain that is code for "Glenn is a ##%&*!"

Just sayin' :)

17. Brad Custer

I will offer my apologies and just drop it. It was all in good fun, but I know how life can through us a curve ball at any moment. :)

18. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

We can drop any further mention of the extra life stuff BUT still keep the conspiracy theory going. :)