Horizon Zero Dawn - (Story) Spoiler Free Tips and Tricks Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Carl_S, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

2. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

It's been almost 3 months now and since everyone compares Zelda to it they've already announced DLC for that game. ;)

3. Brad Custer

This frustrates me even more. I read the article and then did a little googling to learn that you can't sign up for the newsletter anymore because they don't send it out. Haha They really need to figure out a better way to send rewards tied to trophies since they are linked to out accounts and we have to sign in with email addresses to begin with. ;)

Twigg4075 and Carl_S like this.
  4. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Reading all the BOTW reviews you would think the game is already 100% perfect and thus you couldn't add anything to it. LOL

5. Brad Custer

The one thing about all those reviews/mention of the game I hear that gets on my nerve is how you can literally go anywhere you want and then in the same breath most people seem to mention which isn't the case in Horizon. Not sure how those reviewers/media types are playing, but when I'm running around that world I could literally climb up a side of a mountain which I did on more than one occasion trying to get to a collectible. The terrain never stopped me even if there was a more logical way to get around.

Carl_S likes this.
  6. Twigg4075

Twigg4075 Active Member

Carl_S likes this.
  7. Brad Custer

I saw on the PS forums that someone suggested making sure in your account settings that you have the options of getting email from both Sony and 3rd parties selected to get these items. I did that and still nothing. Haha How many platinums do I have to get to get noticed? ;) Oh and where's my DLC for Horizon???

8. Twigg4075

Twigg4075 Active Member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  9. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

10. Twigg4075

Twigg4075 Active Member

What's the point of any NG+? Just to extend the life of the game.

11. Brad Custer

Personally, I dislike when games do this especially one as good as Horizon. It had an incredible story and having to play through it again with the frustration of an "ultra hard mode" will probably just ruin the experience for many. Instead of working on this they should just focus on getting that DLC out sooner. ;) Plus, they took away my 100% completion of the game. Not cool. And, still no free avatar or theme for my PS4. I might have to give game of the year to another title now. Haha

12. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Just looked and see that my HZD trophy % nows says 95%. I agree: Not cool.

While we're ranting let me just pile on top LOL

1. Difficulty based trophies suck - Always

2. DLC or Add-Ons should not count again the overall percentage of the main game

13. Brad Custer

Yeah, I'm not a fan of difficulty based trophies either. However, The Last of Us, I think those weren't too bad. It made the game feel more real and really made you appreciate the ammo you found, etc.

I always thought that DLC should only appear in your trophy list if you actually picked it up. So, basically it would be new game. Ex. Horizon Zero Dawn - NG +/ Hard Mode would be the listing for this new addition and come right after Horizon Zero Dawn in the trophy list. I know I have games that use to be nearly complete or 100%, but because of all the additional DLC added my trophies completion went down to only around 50% to 60% and since they're on the PS3 that's where it'll stay. ;)

Carl_S likes this.
  14. Twigg4075

Twigg4075 Active Member

I actually think I might start Ultra Hard. With that sweet special armor it probably isn't that bad.

I have no problems with developers doing something like this. It's no differnet than when they release dlc. And in this case it's free. I couldn't care less about trophy completion percentage. Because so many games have stupid mp trophies that are impossible to obtain, because the servers are dead or have been turned off, my percentage is already jacked. As long as my shiny platinum is still there.

15. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Yes, but if that means that new players to HZD have to both play the game twice and play at the hardest difficulty in order to get the platinum then that sucks big time. :)

16. Twigg4075

Twigg4075 Active Member

That's not how it works. The two trophies are treated as dlc and are separate from the main list, so they don't affect the platinum.

17. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Ah, OK. In that case, I am of the same opinion as you: not that big a deal. :)

18. Brad Custer

Some of us have completion percentages though that we're sadly proud of though. ;) That being said I will one day attempt it. Like you said, the special armor should really help and you only have to do the main story not everything else. :)

19. Brad Custer

Yeah, if you look this at the trophy list it's treated as DLC so that will never affect a platinum. I've actually platinumed a game in the past and the game had a few DLCs that I didn't play until later. So, my completion was around 70% to 80% for the game, but I had unlocked all the original trophies.