Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Carl_S, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I like what I see and I like the idea of the whole thing. (minus the no physical release)

Still, I am thinking about pre-purchasing (which is what PSN is vs. pre-order) this one.

I'm am wondering if this one and others are the start of a AAA-Indie wave.

Also, see:

http://www.hellblade.com/the-independent-aaa-proposition/

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

I've been watching this one Gamescom 2014 which is when I believe it was first announced. I could be wrong on this though. It's the one game I'm really looking forward to that hasn't had any E3 coverage (so far). I agree it's a shame that it's not in a physical release form, but that price point can't be argued and it looks incredible. Definitely pre-ordering this one.

3. Tim

Tim Active Member

For some reason (probably the graphics) I assumed that this was a full priced release. Seeing that it is $30 and having some Steam credit resulted in my preorder.

tpaullin likes this.
  4. Brad Custer

It also was the cover of Game Informer last month which I was shocked to see, but after watching the trailer the have on the PSN then I understood why. :)

5. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

So as luck would have it I just got a $25 gift card at work and used it towards $20 and $10 Playstation Store cards and I went ahead an used that to buy Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. I guess it was meant to be. :)

tpaullin, Brad Custer and Tim like this.
  6. Twigg4075

Twigg4075 Well-Known Member

How has this game not been on my radar? I love Ninja Theory.

But no physical release? Weird.

7. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing and then I read all the backstory and such and kind of see why that is the case. (if though I may not be crazy about it)

8. Twigg4075

What's the backstory? I'm pretty sure that while NT games have always been excellent, they haven't sold well, which has always been a shame. Is that it?

9. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

The story in that link I posted in the original post. :)

10. Brad Custer

Well, to be honest, unless I missed something in the original article, that seemed to be more of a "back story" of Ninja Theory and not the game itself. ;)

The story is based on Celtic mythology and Norse mythology. The game is focused on Senua's point of view, as she embarks on a very personal journey through a hellish underworld made up of her psychotic manifestations of her own reality and mind.

11. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

My bad. That is exactly what I was trying to say to in my original post. (not so well apparently) Yes, the "back story" of Ninja Theory and their attempt to do a AAA-Indie. :)

12. Twigg4075

Aby update on the release date?

13. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

August 8th has been the announced dated for some time I thought. You hear something different or hear delay?

14. Brad Custer

That's what I've seen too. I know on the PS Store it originally was listed at coming out much later (I think it had the place holder date of the end of the year), but in a recent update it reflects the new date.

15. Twigg4075

Oh, ok. That's why I was wondering because when I checked it on the PS Store the other day it showed 12/31 which wss obviously a bs placeholder.

16. Brad Custer

Yeah, I'm not fan of the date placeholders either especially with a title that the I believe had an actual release date before it hit the store.

Twigg4075 likes this.
  17. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Today it is showing an August 8, 2017 release date but no guarantee as to what it will say tomorrow. :)

Twigg4075 likes this.
  18. Twigg4075

This game better have a platinum!:D

19. Brad Custer

I hope it does too. Haven't researched the trophy list yet, but if a game like My Name is Mayo has one then this should too. ;)

20. Twigg4075

There's literally no rhyme or reason to Sony's trophy lists. It's beyond stupid. A 99 cent digital game can have one but a $40 physical game won't.

Either way, I just preordered this.

Edit: The dynamic theme is sweet.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Brad Custer and Carl_S like this.