Episode 619 - I Am Iron Man (Please Don’t Return Me)

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Josh, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation Staff Member

[​IMG]

Listen/Download
    Full Show Notes

Packed episode this week: tons of news, Josh went to a PS VR event in NYC, early impressions of Marvel’s Iron Man VR,. In Playing & Watching all three hosts talk Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, early impressions of MLB The Show 19, and the survival RPG Outward. Plus your #AskPSNation questions.

55:50 Everybody’s Golf VR
    57:55 Blood and Truth
    1:00:55 Ghost Giant
    1:03:00 Five Nights at Freddy’s VR
    1:07:07 Trover Saves the Universe PS4/VR
    1:10:50 Concrete Genie PS4/VR
    1:13:25 Marvel’s Iron Man VR
    1:23:38 Apex Legends
    1:24:00 Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
    1:33:20 Outward
    1:46:35 MLB The Show 19
    1:58:19 The Messenger
    1:58:45 Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
    2:00:30 Destiny 2

2. PSfan4Life22

PSfan4Life22 New Member

Not sure what Dave meant when he said we got no release dates in State of Play. Almost everything in there was brand new release dates. Prior to State of Play we had no release date for Blood & Truth, Everybody's Golf VR, Falcon Age, Trover Saves the Universe, Vacation Simulator, Table of Tales, Jupiter & Mars, or Mini-Mech Mayhem. All of those got release dates for the first time in State of Play.

3. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

I would have to watch it again. But I thought I say more "June 2019" or "fall 2019" sure some games got dates. They showed alot of VR which as we know is a good thing but that is only 5% of your audience.

I just hate release windows. Either do teasers/coming soon or give the damn thing a date.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. PSfan4Life22

PSfan4Life22 New Member

The only games that had a window were Iron Man VR for 2019 and Concrete Genie for Fall 2019. Every other VR game they showed got a actual release date during State of Play.

Sure the install base is small but the fact that they are putting so much focus on VR is a good thing. Not to mention a bunch of those VR games can be played in non-VR like Concrete Genie, Trover Saves the Universe, Falcon Age, and others. Shows Sony isn't planning to ditch this anytime soon like they did the Vita.