Episode 548 - Farm Fresh

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

[​IMG]

Listen/download
    Full show notes

New releases. 1st details for MLB The Show 18. Stranger Things coming to VR. Playing & Watching. UFC 3 preview and interview. Extra Life recap. Emails. Comedian is Kevin Pollack

30:18 - MLB 18 The Show
    44:49 - Gran Turismo Sport
    48:22 - Assassin’s Creed Origins
    Break music from Jet Grind Radio
    54:40 - UFC 3

2. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I heard zero mention of you playing Peach Beach Splash during Extra Life recap on the podcast and knowing how much Glenn absolutely loves that game it seems like an odd omission. LOL

I'll guess that by the one word explanation of why Josh was a no show for Extra Life that he doesn't want to discuss it or it was very personal. Regardless I'll vote for Josh to GET the Call of Duty so he can take a break from Minecraft.

3. About Battlefront 2 being pay to win, I don't think that was about the heroes. If I understand it right, the lootboxes include "star cards" that give you perks, like more health, more damage, quicker movement, stuff like that.

The part where that gets a bit scummy is lower level characters are limited to certain ranks. So you can only get a Level 1 Health Upgrade as opposed to the Level 4. A quicker way to access those higher level cards is to have more cards. Which means the people buying lootboxes have faster and greater access to the better buffs than people just playing the game normally. Take this with a grain of salt, as most of this information came from people already upset about the game.

4. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

Yeah, I heard more the last couple of days, and it DOES sound more like a Pay to Win scenario. Totally skipping that game until it's dirt cheap.

5. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Star Wars fan. As mentioned before, my Christmas tree only has Star Wars ornaments that I've been collecting over the years, but I've never had any interest in the Battlefront franchise because of the multi-player. I keep holding out for a good single player game. Hopefully, they won't all keep getting cancelled. ;)

6. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Didn't you hear? Single player is dead. :(

7. Brad Custer

Not when it comes to Star Wars. Everyone wants a good game set in the Star Wars universe. :)

8. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

If only a movie made in 1977 could get some attention in the modern era. LOL

9. Brad Custer

Personally, I think it needs more. ;)