Episode 539 - Whose Golf?

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

[​IMG]

Listen/download
    Full show notes

New releases. Secret of Mana 3D remake coming next year. GTA V content hitting soon. Dave’s hands-on report for Destiny 2. Review in progress for Everybody’s Golf. Emails. Comedian is Ron White

19:37 - Secret of Mana
    21:04 - GTA V
    1:25:12 - Sonic Mania
    Break music from Jim Power
    1:29:09 - Destiny 2
    2:25:20 - Warhawk
    2:26:30 - Everybody’s Golf

2. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

"Facebook was intolerable on Sunday [during Game of Thrones]."

About how I felt during the fight the day before.

3. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

The Destiny Dave segment got me thinking ...

I always pronounced pwned as Pawned (like Pawn Stars) whereas Dave said Powned (like Owned which is what is it is based on). Have I been pronouncing it wrong all this time or is it pronounced both ways?

4. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Lol.

That's what you took from that segment.

As always Carl thanks for listening to me babble.

I honestly don't know it's just how I have heard it said. No idea where it jumped into my head at that time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

You know I don't play Destiny LOL

I did listen to the entire segment though and if I ever were to play then I feel like I know quite a bit already.

Dave likes this.
  6. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Spoilers! Some of us are still listening to it. ;) Now I know someone is getting "pawned". Haha No, trust me as someone who's gets "pwned" in PVP it's "powned".

Carl_S likes this.
  7. Brad Custer

Just got through the section of you guys talking about "Starcade" and boy did that take me back. I didn't have cable when it was on so I had to go next store to watch it at my friends. I never missed it and had the same reaction as you guys normally. As for getting my gaming news back then, I had to rely on school. Yes, I said school. Remember the getting the little book catalog called the Weekly Reader? I would order video game books from that. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, guys!

8. Brad Custer

I've been meaning to ask why don't you play? With this new version it's a great time to jump in and even if D2 wasn't dropping it's an easy series to get into with a lot of support from fellow PSNation listeners. :)

9. Brad Custer

Back once again...Just got through the D2 section and it has me even more excited for Wednesday. It's also a bit overwhelming because there's so much that's new. I'll be on as soon as it goes live because I don't want to miss a thing. :) Guess you can call me "BungieBrad". ;)

Dave likes this.
  10. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Online, multiplayer, raids ... that is pretty much enough to send me the other direction :)

It is great if that is your sort of thing :)

11. Brad Custer

Haha. I had to break out the iPad because I wanted to respond and couldn't wait for the computer to boot up.

Didn't you use to play WoW? I think Destiny is the closest we'll ever come to it on console. And, Destiny is so much more than those things you listed. It's a community where you can meet a complete stranger and become close friends. Have I ever steered you in the wrong direction when it comes to a game? Also, you can reach max level these days without having to pvp or raid as a solo player, but in the PSNation you'd already have a built in group of friends. :)

This is really just because I mocked your pwned comment earlier. I know it. ;)

Carl_S likes this.
  12. teran36

teran36 Active Member

Whose Golf---------- Runs Golf

13. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Isn't it also sort of never ending like WOW? (Constantly chasing the cheese)

And for the record, you have never steered me wrong. :)

14. John B. aka Johni3w6

John B. aka Johni3w6 Active Member

I agree, it should still be called Hot Shots Golf. As the topic of Starcade came up, I don't really remember it too well seeing we didn't have cable and we moved twice with in two freakin' years. Stopped the podcast and went for a dive through a youtube rabbit hole of episodes. That early host sucked big time, and you could see how Geoff Edwards cared a lot more. Also remember the 11 Alive channel that had a phone in game with kids yelling Pix at their TVs over Intellivision games.

Cool to hear that Glenn was in a bowling league as a kid, I was on one as well and remember before and after leagues I'd play Mario Brothers and Gyruss until the van was ready to take us home. Back to the rest of the podcast.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Torgo and Carl_S like this.
  15. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Seen on a chalkboard in my house:

I will not let Brad talk me into playing Destiny.

Why did I watch the Destiny 2 launch trailer last night? Arrrrrrrrgh!!!

Brad Custer likes this.
  16. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

If you got it, you at least know that you'd have people to play with...

Carl_S likes this.
  17. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I'm a lot less chatty on the iPad than the desktop probably because of the keyboard.

I read Dave's post this month where he said he played 2000 hours of D1 over the last 3 years. That is my real fear with Destiny. :)

Nah, the powned mocking was funny. Actually, I feel kind of stupid now thinking it was pronounced pawned all these years. :(

18. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

It's only like 14 hours a week. So really not that bad. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

19. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad but I have a LOT of other stuff I want to play. :)

20. Brad Custer

Instead of quoting all your posts...I'll just respond. ;) Sure, Destiny can be never ending if you choose to go that route or like others will play it to experience what they want i.e. end game content then step away until something new is released. Others will keep playing it to chase items, etc. I have a lot more time than most (even Dave...really), but I can't list the amount right now as the website I go to for this is currently counting down to D2. However, I still manage to play other games. ;) I just really think everyone should experience it and the gameplay. I have a lot of high hopes for D2. Even if you don't jump in right away, just know there's a strong PSNation presence in the game and you'll never have to go far to find people to play with. :)