Episode 524 - Y’all Come Back Now

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, May 4, 2017.

1. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Suicide Squad was good in my opinion, but I am a DC Fanboy. However, I think a smaller Squad would have been more beneficial for those not knowledgeable about the characters and it would have been better to have the Joker as the villain they were tasked to capture.

2. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I like DC better than Marvel too but I just thought the movie was weak. :)

Torgo likes this.
  3. Brad Custer

I knew there was a reason I liked you. ;) I don't know if you're into animated movies or not, but you should see Batman: Assault on Arkham. That was a great Suicide Squad movie and basically what I was describing when I mentioned the changes that would have made the movie over the top. Plus, it would have given Amanda Waller more of a reason to help Bruce Wayne out in that ending scene.

4. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Although I am way behind at the present I have been watching Arrow, Flash, and Gotham. I gave up on the Legends of Tomorrow one after a few episodes. I guess I just don't like ensemble movies. I HATED the first Avengers movie and the 2nd one is still on the DVR unwatched. I think a straight up Harley Quinn movie would be awesome.

5. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

How can you hate th first Avengers!? Inconceivable!!

tpaullin likes this.
  6. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

One continous action scene for 40 minutes for starters. No thinking, no good story, and just no caring for me. :)

7. Brad Custer

Flash is my favorite of the CW shows followed by Legends (I don't mind that ensemble show). Supergirl brings up the 3rd spot and unfortunately Arrow has slipped to the fourth spot. Really tired of the emo Green Arrow and wish they would tap into some great DC villians like Flash does.

8. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

A continuous action scene after an hour of story, which I thought was pretty good. And the action is split up with humor. As for no thinking, it's a popcorn flick whaddaya expect? Did you like John Wick? That was more action and "no thinking" either. Most of the other Marvel/DC movies are in that boat imo. Most are pretty popcorn flick without all that much to think about. And I'm perfectly okay with some portion of my media being like that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lol not trying to attack you, just curious. Cuz the "ensemble movie" isn't really a genre of its own right so I'm curious how there's a common thread to dislike.

(Like how people say they don't like indie games. It's not a genre, how can you dislike all indie games?)

9. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Flash is my favorite too and I continue to grow tired of Emo Oliver Queen too! LOL

Gotham is #2 because of kind of a weird storyline but was p5eviously #1 ahead of Flash.

10. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Best superhero movies to me:

Dark Knight
    Batman Begins
    Iron Man 1
    Dark Knight Rises
    Various X-Men movies
    Iron Man 2

Best Action movies to me:

The Long Kiss Goodnight
    Diehard 1
    Matrix 1
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Raiders with Sean Connery (Last Crusade?)
    True Lies
    Other Diehard Movies
    Some Lethal Weapon movies