Episode 524 - Y’all Come Back Now

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, May 4, 2017.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

[​IMG]

New release. CoD: WWII unveiled. PS Plus games for May. Darksiders 3 revealed. Playing & watching. Around PS Nation. Emails. Comedian is Henry Cho

1:48 - Dreadnaught
    17:54 - CoD: WWII
    30:45 - Darksiders 3
    42:36 - LEGO Worlds
    1:08:51 - Gran Turismo Sport
    1:10:07 - Prey
    1:12:48 - Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy
    1:21:43 - Tethered
    Break music from Aldynes
    2:22:14 - Gex

2. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Just One of the Guys was an awesome movie. Back in the day I think I seen that movie like 50 times. :)

3. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks that Nirvana and Kurt Cobain are one of the most overhyped and overrated items in music?

I mean without Courtney Love, E News, Tabloids, Hollywood, Suicide, etc. do we even talk about them all these years later or would they be like The Outfield who had that one hit song that one year a long time ago.

4. Respectfully, I disagree. I would actually put their Unplugged album in my Top 5 favorites, but I get that they aren't for everyone. I do think that Smells Like Teen Spirit isn't all that great for how much attention that song gets.

With that said, I am in the camp that thinks Courtney Love murdered Kurt Cobain, so take my Nirvana opinions with a grain of salt

Renegade Bastard likes this.
  5. Courtney Love just straight up looks like a psychopath! Based on her physical appearance alone I can see why anyone would think she murdered Kurt Cobain. I think the same thing! LOL

HellblazerHawkman likes this.
  6. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I guess coming from the 80s where music was all about sex, drugs, and rock & roll I have a different opinion. The 80s bands were all about "go out and have some fucking fun". Nirvana was all about "life sucks, I hate myself". The whole Seattle grunge genre sucked in my opinion when it came to the message they portrayed. I'm not surprised at all that Cobain offed himself and I personally don't think Courtney Love had anything to do with it. Just my opinion. :)

7. He died under suspicious circumstances and she had a lot to gain from his death, that's all I'm saying.

Renegade Bastard likes this.
  8. I know, bud. I remember the investigation. Police were only "mostly sure" that he killed himself, but some detectives were hesitant to come to that conclusion based on other evidence and circumstances that were observed.

9. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

A depressed heroin user who wrote songs about how much life sucks kills himself ... I'm no detective but it is not a stretch for me to think he done it to himself. :(

10. Not to say he couldn't have relapsed, but he was apparently clean and looking to get away from Courtney Love before his death. And from what I understand, they found a ridiculous amount of heroin in his system, like enough to where he shouldn't have been able to move. In spite of this, he was able to write a suicide note and work a shotgun to shoot himself in the head. There's enough for me to raise an eyebrow at the conclusions the investigation drew.

I swear I am not a conspiracy nut, this is my one.

Carl_S likes this.
  11. True, most of the evidence did in fact come to that very same conclusion. I just remember some detectives working the case found certain bits and pieces to not add up is all. Some evidence that contradicted other evidence. I know in the end his death was ruled as self-murder, but that final outcome didn't sit well with many folks, including some detectives working the case.

12. Torgo

I was never a Kurt Cobain fan, at all

Carl_S likes this.
  13. Torgo

14. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

15. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

I was in college when I was exposed to them at the local music store Eide's in Pittsburgh. It was right before they hit it big in popularity. I appreciated their music more so for what it did for generations to come, plus it gave us Foo Fighters. ;) I just wish I could understand the lyrics much better. Haha

16. Brad Custer

Finished this one up over the weekend and was inspired to rent Split on the PS4. Definitely worth the watch as Glenn mentioned. I won't ruin any of it by mentioning spoilers, but I'm excited they're make this a trilogy with his next film dealing with this shared universe. I had to look at his wikipedia entry to see his complete list of films and was surprised by some of his latest movies because I never managed to see them or realize they were made by him. However, you guys didn't mention one of my personal favorites of his...Signs. I love a good alien invasion film and thought this one was handled particularly well.

17. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Was this the episode where Josh mentioned that Suicide Squad was medicore? I seen it this past weekend and agree with that assessment. :(

I mean was that boomerang guy even necessary in the movie? :)

18. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

"I'm trying to expose Mason to many kinds of music"

Sooo, where's the j-pop? ;)

Torgo likes this.
  19. Eight-bit_Elvis

Eight-bit_Elvis New Member

LOL. Loved this movie growing up. I couldn't not watch something with a girl on the front of the VHS box with 2 football helmets covering her boobs.

Carl_S likes this.
  20. Brad Custer

Ah, the memories. I can remember the looks I got from my mom when I handed her that VHS tape with that cover wanting to rent it. ;)

Eight-bit_Elvis likes this.