Episode 516 - NintenDo and NintenDon’t

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

[​IMG]

Listen/Download
    Full Show Notes

New release. Fire Pro Wrestling is back! Ripstone bringing Chess Ultra to PS4 and PS VR. ‘Gravel’ announced for 2017. Playing & watching. Switch impressions. MGC. Emails. Comedian is Nikki Glaser

12:15 - Fire Pro Wrestling World
    29:50 - Journey
    1:57:00 - Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
    1:59:50 - LEGO Dimensions
    Break music from Gimmick!

2. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

Another great episode!

You know what I was thinking while I was watching all these videos of Nintendo Switch?

"Man, I bet Sony could make Vita 2 like the Switch..."

3. Farmerjohn_

Farmerjohn_ Member

Line of the podcast, "mini Zelda machine".

Great podcast guys!

Renegade Bastard and Torgo like this.
  4. Torgo

It sure ain't a Bomberman machine :-(

Renegade Bastard likes this.
  5. Carl_S

Carl_S Active Member

Where do I find the show notes for Episode 516 ?

6. Torgo

There's a link in the 1st post

7. Carl_S

Carl_S Active Member

That was a joke. :)

Based on your comments on this episode about no one reading the show notes and asking where to find them :)

Torgo likes this.
  8. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Darn. Beat me to the joke. Haha. But, glad you did since it didn't hit. ;)

Thanks for the mention in the Podcast. My second one. Original one was when I sent the Far Cry 4 code in to you guys. How's that game going Josh? ;)

Carl_S likes this.
  9. Carl_S

Carl_S Active Member

Kind of went over like the time I went up to the information desk at the mall and asked them where the information desk was :)

10. Brad Custer

Haha. You know I'm doing this the next time I'm at the mall now. ;)

Purist and Carl_S like this.
  11. gnash117

gnash117 New Member

Regarding the bad Lego Dimensions toy tag. I had a toy tag that failed similar to what Josh had. I must have gotten lucky since I was not asked to provide quit as much information as Josh. Still they do make it hard to get an new toy tag. Due to my experience I now make sure I build every single figure and vehicle as soon as I can. If it has a bad toy tag I will just return it to the store I purchased it from. I don't want to deal with the huge email chain again. Ok, I might try one big email providing them with all the information that they asked for in a single emal. If that does not work for them I would just return the figure for a new one. If they didn't want us to return them to the store (as the back of the little booklet states) they would make it less painful.

12. Gruel

Gruel Member

Loving the FirePro coverage and thanks for the shout out! I spent many hours with the imported Dreamcast and American GBA and PS2 versions. Easily the best 2D wrestling series out there.

I am stoked for this new game as it looks like a return to form after that um... unique..... avatar version on 360 a few years back. Also worth noting that the PS2 version Glenn referenced is available as a PS2 classic download on PS3 for those wanting a taste of the FirePro awesomeness now.

13. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Active Member

I say fuck the haters, Glenn! You want to talk about your Nintendo Switch on your PlayStation podcast? You go right on ahead and do so! A.) I like to hear your opinions on Switch hardware silicon and software as I respect and value what you think. 2.) I like to hear Josh's rebuttals in regards to the Switch and it's games library as I respect and value his opinions as well. C.) It's YOUR show, so you can do whatever the hell you want to do! If people can't like it or can't want it?! Then they can suck off!

Keep on doing what you do Glenn and Josh. I respect and admire you guys. Thanks for the podcast as well.

Also, Gleen? Hahaha! That's one funny email typo. LOL

Carl_S likes this.
  14. Brad Custer

I wouldn't worry too much about discussing the Switch in recent weeks. It's a new system which impacts the gaming community at large. Hard to find any gaming podcast not discussing it. I'm actually glad you guys did bring it up because we're getting honest opinions about the system and other podcasts I've heard have only mentioned the positive of the system and left out all the negatives. Hopefully, your discussions might be informative to those curious about it.

15. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

As do I. I need different people's opinions - as much as possible.

On a side note, Jim Sterling gave Zelda 7/10, and his site was attacked with DDoS, and people trying to crack his passwords for his Twitter and shit. Some of them even ran a petition to hang the dude.

Anyway, what I ultimately want out of all these Switch hype is the possibility of Vita 2, dammit!

16. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation Staff Member

Went for a while and got buried in an avalanche of games. Wanna get back to it though.

17. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation Staff Member

Was yours a character or generic (vehicle)? I assumed since mine was a generic tag they were more strict.

18. I love the mental gymnastics people pulled in trying to talk down his review. He actually explained what was wrong with the game, gave it a positive score that reflected that, and people are still acting like he is just some SonyPony™ trying to get clicks on his ad-free site.

19. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

Laughing at Josh and Glenn talking about me. But for the record, I only got Atelier Shallie Plus a week before it launched and I was working on the Nioh review at the time which was why the review took some time. Given that Josh didn't email me about the review score until a week after I had sent him the review, who is the real lazy one? :hmmEmoji:

Torgo and JHall03 like this.
  20. gnash117

gnash117 New Member

Mine was also the generic vehicle tag.