Episode 514 - Crash on the Horizon

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

[​IMG]

Listen/download
    Full Show Notes

New releases. Resogun patched. Crash Bandicoot coming in June. E3 Update. PS Now narrowing its focus. Final Fantasy XV patch details. Playing & watching. Around PS Nation. Review: Horizon Zero Dawn. Emails. Comedian is Norm Macdonald

23:02 - Pac-Man Championship Edition 2
    28:15 - Resogun
    29:33 - Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    50:09 - Disc Jam
    1:00:49 - iO
    1:04:56 - Trine 3
    Break music from Download 2
    1:22:20 - Disney Infinity
    1:42:03 - Horizon Zero Dawn

2. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

Re: NASA guys vs SpaceX guys dress attire

Can confirm. Jeans/polo are very prevalent here at Orbital ATK. I have seen pocket protectors though. :D

Also, here's my response to the "lazy fuck" comment: damn, the forum won't let me use the middle finger emoji

tpaullin and Torgo like this.
  3. Darkside21

Darkside21 New Member

I'm the guy that sent the email about headphones. Just wanted to say to Glenn, I upgraded to the X2s because they're an upgrade over the SHP9500s. The 9500s were kind of an entry level and I wanted an upgrade over that after a while.
    Also I agree with you, Glenn, that its not for everyone, especially if you want to be wireless. You almost need an amp or some other output device if you're planning on fully enjoying non gaming headphones since plugging into the controller isn't going to give you the best quality.

4. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this one. I want to hear the review of Horizon Zero Dawn. Not a big surprise that this is the game he couldn't mention. ;) Saw him playing it on my friend's list. Hopefully, they don't clutter such a beautiful game with a overactive HUD. Or at least give me the option to turn it off. :)

Carl_S likes this.
  5. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I am guessing you already read the written review?

I went from very interested in this in 2015 to maybe not so interested a few weeks ago to very interested again after seeing that review.

6. Farmerjohn_

Farmerjohn_ Member

Glenn, you are the best at carrying conversations. Perfect timing of, huh, alright, cool, nice; it's so fluid. The one liner you dropped about not wanting to hear about Josh getting it up. Great timing. \asskiss

Torgo likes this.
  7. Torgo

I was in an Improv group for 3 years in High School, and I did radio before that :)

8. Torgo

So, you seriously want the HUD with this one, but I don't consider it cluttered at all.

[​IMG]

9. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I read the written review on Horizon Zero Dawn the other day and it got me really interested. However, I listened to the review on this podcast on the way to work this morning and it had me chomping at the bit to play this. (maybe even foaming at the mouth) Glenn just made this sound so awesome and if he was this excited about it then it has to be damn good. I loved Farcry 4 too and also agreed with his positive review of The Order 1886. Guerilla owes him a commission as I just pre-ordered Horizon Zero Dawn (after having no intention of doing so) and will be playing this next. Not like I don't have enough backlog already. Damn you Glenn! LOL

10. Torgo

Heh heh, as soon as I got back to Rock's last night I started working on side missions.

Carl_S likes this.
  11. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Those headphones that have a 3/4" connector must have some awesome audio quality with such a big connector. LOL

12. Torgo

meant 1/4-inch

13. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

It's not the size, it's how you use it.

Carl_S likes this.
  14. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I know. I was just teasing.

15. Got a kick out of the Metacritic stuff, especially when they have other Playstation-centric outlets on the site, Playstation Lifestyle comes to mind.

16. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Especially when they have a lot of "off the wall" sites I never heard of that are so far from mainstream it isn't funny.

The fact that PSNation is not there is a travesty. How do we officially complain about it?

17. Torgo

Hmmm, I would assume Twitter and maybe email or something.
    Twitter - @metacritic
    Email - [email protected]
    http://www.metacritic.com/contact-us

18. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

19. Torgo

I'd be surprised if you even get a reply

20. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Actually I got 2 replies last night. In the first one they said something like: they are actually evaluating PSNation as part of an annual review. Then they asked me why I said it was my favorite site. I replied and they wrote back and said thanks for the input.

Torgo and tpaullin like this.