Episode 512 - 2016 Golden Minecart Awards

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

Renegade Bastard likes this.
  2. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I think you got the acceptance speeches for R&K swapped as the 1st one mentions the category of the 2nd win. Doh! LOL

3. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Finishing this episode up and noticed pretty much no mention of Far Cry Primal or Rise of the Tomb Raider in the Minecart awards. Interesting.

I just started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and 1 hour in it feels more "epic" than Uncharted 4 did. (but maybe it is just me)

4. Torgo

I really didn't like RotTR very much. The gameplay felt sloppy and the story meandered too much at time. With FC: Primal, I just liked FC4 too much, and the step-back to Primal weapons etc just didn't do anything for me.

5. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I am only an hour into the game so I'll reserve my final judgment on RotTR until after I finish it. :)

6. teran36

teran36 Active Member

Atelier Sophie didn't win anything.

I blame the Russians

7. Bummer! Not a single game I voted for won. :(

Oh well, thanks for the podcast all the same, Glenn and Josh.

8. Brian_Martini

Brian_Martini Member

It would be nice you did a movie and TV awards as well. You do cover a lot on the podcasts.

9. Torgo

Oh God...

10. Brian_Martini

Brian_Martini Member

Just saying this because you do a lot of coverage of movies and television, mostly on genres that appeal to gamers. I even caught on to a few things that I would have never watched such as Broad Church.

11. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

This one is sitting in my pile of backlog games to play and I thought I'd get right into it after finishing Uncharted 4, but I still haven't been able to start it. It does look good and I remember enjoying the reboot a lot.

12. Torgo

Oh no, I get what you're saying, but the work that goes into the Golden Minecarts times 3 would SUCK lol.

13. Brad Custer

So, I'm still finishing this one up and was curious if guys ever considered sending a physical award out to the winners? Even a certificate they could frame would probably mean something especially to the smaller developers.

One of these days I'll save one of my questions to send in to the podcast to be read...

14. Torgo

Actually, a listener that lives here in WI (Derek) made some physical Minecart trophies a few years ago, but only two have ever been distributed.

When we visited Naughty Dog in 2012 to pick up the Uncharted 2 seat that was won in the Extra Life raffle, I had a plate made for them and I awarded them in-person to Naughty Dog. It ain't cheap though, so that's what kinda held us back from doing so on a regular basis. We don't have a ton of Patreon Money like some other sites ;-)

photo 1.jpg photo 3.jpg

15. Torgo

Oh yeah, this one too
    photo 2.jpg

Renegade Bastard likes this.
  16. Brad Custer

Those are great. I guess us listeners need to shop more using those affiliate links so more of those can be handed out. :)

Torgo likes this.
  17. Barzenak65

Barzenak65 Active Member

What was the Vita rpg that won for best rpg? I was on the road and didn't write it down. Already forgot the name ...old age dammiiiiiiittttt ~!!!

18. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Check the site. Whole list is there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

19. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

Odin Sphere.

20. Most excellent game, too! I own it physical in my collection. Although, I voted daily for World of Final Fantasy to win.