Episode 497 - All The HD's

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

[​IMG]

Listen/Download
    Full Show Notes

New Releases. Red Dead Redemption 2 exists. Nintendo Switch. Around PS Nation. Extra Life update. Review of SuperHyperCube. Review of Headmaster. Email. Comedy clip from Bob and Brian

20:18 - Red Dead Redemption 2
    1:27:50 - Farming Simulator 17
    1:38:20 - Rez Infinite
    1:54:51 - CoD: Infinite Warfare
    Break music from Rayman
    2:32:58 - SuperHyperCube
    2:44:55 - Headmaster
    Comedy clip from Bob and Brian

2. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

My fellow commuters from tonight thank you in advance for posting this. It'll keep me entertained and the road rage at bay. :)

3. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

I, like Josh, enjoy the crossover aspects of the current comic book stuff. Though I'll admit it had made me hesitant to jump into the DC shows precisely because I don't have the time to do the round robin that Josh is doing. But getting teasers to the movies in Shield is nice.

I've been going through Deep Space 9 and it's interesting how Star Trek also did this kind of stuff during the TNG/DS9/VOY era, with plenty of crossovers and references.

4. I've seen two different PS4 consoles suffer from that same disc auto eject issue. The fix I found the worked both times was simply just to remove the hard disk bay cover, fully loosen the manual disc eject screw, then retighten the screw. The problem went away completely on both PS4 consoles I worked on for my roommate and my nephew.

5. Brad Custer

I admire his ability to stick to this viewing process. I know some of those episodes would have me wanting to skip the cycle of shows and watch the next one immediately. I definitely feel DC has the stronger TV presence with their shows. I watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but its mostly just background watching at this point. It doesn't hold my attention at all. However, I really enjoy all the shows so far on Netflix.

6. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

I completely forgot about Shield this season. Hopefully there aren't too many tie-ins with Doctor Strange as I plan to see that this week. Hopefully I can catch up on Shield over the weekend.

7. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation

There should be some sort of tie-in because they've been hunting down an artifact that Dr. Strange has been tied to, though they haven't mentioned that on the show. I'm interested in seeing what, if anything, will come of it because the last episode ended with a bit of a cliffhanger.

8. Brad Custer

Its funny, but for some reason no matter how great the trailers look for Dr. Strange, I can't bring myself to get excited to see it. At this rate I'll probably see it once it comes to Netflix or HBO. Did you enjoy it?

9. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

It was really good. We were so tired Monday that we completely forgot to talk about though lol

10. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation

there was no direct tie-in unless something pops up on the next episode at the end of the month