Episode 437 - Two Minutes Until Dawn

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

[​IMG]

Listen

Alternate Direct Download link

New Releases. Sony announces their own firmware beta program. Rainbow Six Siege delayed until December. Bungie sells Gjallahorn 2 weeks ago, announces that it stays a Year 1 exotic. Street Fighter V beta now regional to start with. What we’re playing and watching. Break Music from Metal Gear. Review: Pure Hold’em. Review: Until Dawn. Email. Comedian is Natasha Leggero

12:50 – Steins;Gate
    32:58 – Rainbow Six Siege
    34:40 – Destiny
    55:02 – Commander Cherry’s Puzzled Journey
    1:25:07 – Rocket League
    1:30:55 – CoD: Black Ops III
    Break music from Metal Gear
    1:42:41 – Pure Hold’em
    1:51:28 – Until Dawn
    2:53:40 – The Order: 1886

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  2. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Paraphrasing Josh Langford early in this episode: "I start up my Xbox almost every day now"

#EPIC_FAIL

3. Torgo

Well, he used to use the XBone to watch TV downstairs, but I'm not sure if that's still the case

4. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I loved his stuff on "non-exclusive version" and "non-collector's steel book." He's always great and making fun of the wording in the same way I would. :)

Torgo likes this.
  5. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Oh, the other thing I forgot to mention was that you guys talked about the new releases for Sept 1 instead of the new releases for August 25th.

Pretty sure you normally talk about the new releases that are coming the same week as the podcast. Did I miss something? :)

6. Torgo

No, we always talk about what's coming "next week"

7. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

OK, guess I just forgot the Until Dawn and MGS V: Phantom Pain stuff from the last episode then. :)

8. Torgo

From the agendas

Ep 436:

#PS4
    Dishonored Definitive Edition $39.99
    One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 $59.99
    Until Dawn $59.99
    Madden NFL 16 $59.99
    Madden NFL 16 (Deluxe Edition $69.99
    (SUNDAY)
    Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Pack $64.99
    Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars Saga Bundle $114.99

#PS3
    Madden NFL 16 $59.99
    Madden NFL 16 (Deluxe Edition) $69.99
    (FRIDAY)
    Syberia Complete $29.99
    (SUNDAY)
    Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Pack $64.99
    Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars Saga Bundle $114.99

Ep437:

#PS4
    Far Cry 4 Complete Edition $49.99
    Brothers $19.99
    Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence $59.99
    Mad Max $59.99
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain $59.99
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Collector's Edition $99.99
    DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4 - 20th Anniversary Edition $64.99
    PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset for PlayStation 4 - 20th Anniversary Edition $99.99

#PS3
    Steins;Gate $39.99
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain $49.99

#PS Vita
    Steins;Gate $39.99
    Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls $39.99

Carl_S likes this.
  9. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

I like the new segment. Always good to hear the efforts of our hard working staff called out. :)

And Glenn did hit the nail on the head. The embargoed game I platinumed is one I also imported a while back. Now I have to wait until the trophies are able to be synced to see if I was the first!

I do agree with how silly embargo stuff is. Like for that game I'm talking about, I could talk about the Japanese version but not the English version? Seems a little silly. Although the embargo only specifically mentions reviews and streams and whatnot, so I could probably say I was playing it. I just erred on the side of caution by not tweeting the name.

10. Torgo

That's exactly it Andy, you can DEFINITELY talk about the Japanese version.

11. andyscout

I know. It's just seems a bit silly to have an embargo for a game that's been out for months in another region.

Also, got to the part about Skycaptain. I saw it in theaters and loooooved it. I should really watch it again.

12. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

That would explain why I forgot about it. Josh probably upstaged it by hyping up Dizzy-Nee Infinity and overshadowing the other titles. LOL

Just teasing.

Still have 31 minutes left on the most current episode. Enjoyed Josh's detailed spoiler free coverage of Until Dawn.

Torgo likes this.
  13. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

I wonder how many copies of Skycaptain will be ordered this week on Amazon by people like me who've never seen it?

PSN: tpaullin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. andyscout

Is it not on Netflix?

15. tpaullin

tpaullin Well-Known Member

Nope. Amazon Prime has it though. $3 to rent. $8 to buy digital. Guess I own it.
    Watching now

PSN: tpaullin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

About an hour or so into the new podcast, enjoyed the new segment and think it's definitely needed, but maybe you could even add to it. Call out some good conversations happening here in the forums to bring over those Facebook holdouts and even give nods to those active community members that make this an enjoyable and interesting experience for all.

BTW, the "breaking news" noise being improvised use to be part of another podcast before certain hosts thought it'd be "kinda funny" to move "beyond" it. Just an FYI. ;)

Keep up the great work and I hope to listen to rest of it on the ride home tonight.

17. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

You guys really nerded out hard on that Star Wars stuff at the end. For the most part I tend to agree with Josh. I tried to watch Episode 1 again last year and just ended up ejecting it. I had remembered liking it a lot the very first (and only) time I have seen it.

18. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Oh, I almost forgot to ask . . . Could you post a link to that Until Dawn Commercial you mentioned? I tried locating that specific one with no luck so far. Thanks.

19. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

You caught that too, eh? :)

20. Torgo

I've only ever listened to Beyond once, and that was years ago when Jeff Rubenstein was a "guest", so purely coincidental