Episode 426 - Worst Cookie Monster Ever

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Josh, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

I go into the RSS feed to grab the Slideshow podcast to also find Episode 427. Excellent! 2 for the price of 1.

Torgo likes this.
  2. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

3. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Let me see if I heard this right on the Side Show episode:

You ARE going to Microsoft and EA at E2 but are NOT going going to Square Enix and Ubisoft???

If that is correct then WTF ???

4. IceSamurai

IceSamurai Member

It was a cool podcast and The Escapists sounds cool. I have been meaning to say this but i have Disney Infinity 2 and i dont play it. If some one wants it they can have it. Its just been collecting dust. I cant part with my Captain America but i have all the rest of the avengers an a Pirares of the Caribbean villain, and a couple of power disk. Ps4. Let me know...

5. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

I've actually been kinda interested in trying it. Just not "go out and plunk down $80 (or whatever the starter costs)" interested.

6. Torgo

Press conference invites are incredibly random every year. Also, Microsoft hasn't happened yet for this year, so who knows.

Right now, I am going to Bethesda, I am going to EA, and all 6 of us are going to Sony. Ubisoft emailed yesterday to say they don't have any more room (lol) and I never expected Squeenix honestly.

The biggest difference this year for us is the fact that Josh and I even have a couple of offsite appointments on Sunday, and Bethesda on Sunday night as well, which is pretty jarring from our normal routine.

I can guarantee you all though, we're covering more than we ever have before. With 6 people going, our availability for appointments has been pretty amazing, and we've been able (for the most part) to build some breaks between appointments in too, except for Andy's Tuesday, that just got crazy.

7. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Its interesting to see how different it seems the companies handle expos like this nowadays compared back to around 2000 when I was going. It seems like back then they went out of their way to get everyone they could into those meetings.

8. Torgo

Press conferences are handled very different than meetings/appointments. I do miss the CES days though, when you could just go anywhere without dealing with a huge crowd.

9. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Oh, so you are just talking press conferences when you say you aren't going to Ubisoft and Square Enix. You guys are still going to their booths and/or have appointments to see their products though?

Why you call Square Enix Squeenix? I am too noob with Playstation to know. :)

10. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

Squeenix = square + enix
    Bamco = bandai + namco
    Scamco = holy shit Idolmaster had thousands of dollars worth of dlc
    KT = koei + tecmo
    Ubishit = ubisoft + assassins creed unity
    Crapcom = capcom + capcom' stance on mega man
    IGN = shortening of ignorant

Torgo likes this.
  11. Torgo

Yes, press conferences. We have appointments with both of them during the week. The only "bigger" publisher that we don't have an appointment with is Konami (go figure)