Episode 424 - Employed

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, May 20, 2015.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

You probably did have an account, but these forums are pretty new and accounts didn't transfer.

2. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation

lol, I don't hate all things New York. I love the city, it's just the Rangers that I can't stand but that very likely comes from growing up a Flyers fan.

It could change too. I despised the Devils throughout the 90's but eventually grew to respect them especially because of Brodeur with his longevity, consistency, and legacy.

Who knows, maybe Lundquist will soften me on the Rangers if he's still with them in 10 years... anything's possible :)

3. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation

Oh I fully agree about the quote thing. It bugs me every time I see it, but changing that ends up changing half the site.
    I need to dig into it again and see if there's a way to do it without breaking everything else but I haven't had the time.

CrzyQbn likes this.
  4. Torgo

Oddly, I have no problem with the red lol

5. CrzyQbn

CrzyQbn Active Member

What? Torgo doesn't ave a PS4 in his bathroom. What kind of gamer are you?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    cruzerlaw and Torgo like this.
  6. Mnemonic-DK

Mnemonic-DK New Member

Hey, a special episode podcast about working in the IT business sound like a lot of fun! :)

I've been doing it since the mid-80s (back when you soldered your own computer and 300 baud were high-speed) and I would love to hear someone else's perspective on it.

7. Torgo

I could tell a LOT of horror stories at least. I haven't been happy in IT for many years now, but this new role seems like it's got great potential

8. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Start digging sir. :)

9. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably because of this:

http://www.redrocker.com

:(

10. Mnemonic-DK

Mnemonic-DK New Member

Well, if there's one thing I would have liked to know before I started my career, it is that NO job is worth being miserable over. I hope the new role works out for you.

11. Brian_Martini

Brian_Martini Member

I hear you. I was at the same company for 15 years and they laid me off. A salary dump. The next year I worked for the worse boss possible. A true micro manager who expects you to account for every 15 minutes. In IT were no billable so this guy was crazy. Not only that but his time expectations were ridiculous. Anyway after a year in hell I got a position with the company that I broke into IT with. Now I'm happy again. If the new position turns out to not be good, get out. Money is less important than happiness. Stress especially the undo manufactured kid will kill you faster than greasy burgers. BTW you have other options. Your podcast is well produced and your passion for games is unmatched. You could always monetize your "hobby".

12. Brian_Martini

Brian_Martini Member

Hmm Rangers 5-1. Some how the Devils did grow on me to. Unlike the Patriots they earned my respect.

13. CrypticFear

CrypticFear New Member

Congrats on the new job Glenn! This episode definitely had a positive vibe behind it. You both seemed upbeat and ready to deliver. Nice hearing a 4 hour podcast again and I'm looking forward to next episode.

14. Thomas Silvey

Thomas Silvey Member

True...

15. Thomas Silvey

Thomas Silvey Member

Thank you, Torgo for all the work you do, you deserve all the accolades... I guess you will see me more and more because I like the Forums a little bit more that before... Watching Cleveland Caverliers Vs. Atlanta Hawks now while doing this with the Tapatalk app... And it's just about the same.

16. Torgo

<3 to everyone ;-)

17. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

So, how is the new job going Glenn? Missed you in the Destiny stream yesterday. Not nearly enough "Guardian Down" alerts. ;-) When will we be getting podcasts now that your work obviously has to take some priority.

18. John B. aka Johni3w6

John B. aka Johni3w6 Active Member

Enjoyed the podcast, good luck with the new job Torgo and Josh hope things start to brighten up for you.

Torgo likes this.
  19. Torgo

Going great so far, but I'm still waiting for my laptop so I can really get to work.

The normal schedule will be to record Monday night, edit Tuesday with a late release that night.

They're actually really good with my PS Nation efforts etc, and have just been super-cool here so far. I hope it lasts!

20. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Going to be completely selfish here and say I hope it lasts too. I know I've been listening less than a year and I hate to see the best Playstation podcast go away. Of course I understand how work takes priority, but I'm looking for another 8 years out of you guys. ;-)