Episode 421 - Redcoats in the Civil War?

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, Apr 28, 2015.

1. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

Haha, reminds me of a conversation from a game of baseball I was listening to on the radio once. Paraphrased, but it went a little like this:

"Someone left a note here, 'remember to read the score often.' Okay, well it's currently zero to zero here in this scoreless game, as neither team had managed to get a run."
    "Right you are, both pitchers have managed to shut out the opposing team for three innings in this nil-nil game."

Torgo likes this.
  2. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

See Torgo! Is that so hard!?

3. CrzyQbn

CrzyQbn Active Member

I agree. I listen at work and sometimes I get distracted. I try and go back and also look at the notes but it would help if you mentioned the names go the games more.

4. andysom25

andysom25 Member

I feel constantly repeating the name of the game would take away from my favorite thing about the show which is how it seems much more like a natural conversation than a show.

tpaullin likes this.
  5. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

Also, we've tried this a few times before, and well, we just get too in to the conversation and we forget....

6. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Yeah, to go back on what I said about this feeling like a conversation between friends I agree it would feel unnatural. I think we might lose all those great tangents if they had to make it a priority to keep the name of the game fresh in the conversation.

7. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

Organic? You got that right! I don't think on the last show they planned on going through Josh's email. This show is FDA Organic approved!!

8. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

It cracks me up when they end up browsing their emails or getting lost in Google searches. I equate their friendship to a married couple from 50's sitcom. You know they like each other, but sometimes if you didn't know better I can see Glenn saying, "One of these days, Josh! Pow! Straight to the moon!" I definitely get that vibe especially when it comes to the whole email did/didn't receive debate. ;)

9. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation

For the record, it was confirmed that I didn't get the email ;)

10. Beaver6622

Beaver6622 Active Member

I'm not buying it. I need to hear it from the grand poo-ba himself!

11. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

His name was in the list, but I took it out and re-added it to be sure. I saw nothing