Episode 418 - Electric Boogaloo

Discussion in 'The Podcasts' started by Torgo, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

[​IMG]

http://www.psnation.com/2015/04/09/episode-418-electric-boogaloo/

New Releases. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided revealed. New tables for Zen Pinball 2, Star Wars is hitting digital this week. What we’re playing and watching. E3. Emails. MGC. Comedy Clip from Bob and Brian

2:00 - Mortal Kombat X
    30:04 - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    53:55 - LEGO Ninjago Shadow of Ronin
    1:06:15 - MLB 15 The Show
    1:08:53 - Whoa Dave!
    1:09:46 - Tower of Guns
    1:11:36 - N++
    1:12:30 - Pure Hold ‘Em
    Break Music from El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron
    Comedy Clip from Bob and Brian

2. IceSamurai

IceSamurai Member

Screenshot_2015-04-09-05-24-18.png
    I'm not a Scientologist but iv been trying to read this audio book. I think i have to wait before watching the hbo movie "clear". Anyways that was a cool podcast. Im happy things are looking up for e3.

Ps Tommys is disgusting. Iv been to about four of them i think and the one in the Valley seem to not suck that much but you'll find out soon enough.

3. IceSamurai

IceSamurai Member

Edumacorrection: marvel was the first company to release a star wars comic in 1977 to 1986. Dark Horse started in 1986 and at some point re-released marvels run to the comic.

4. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

Maybe it was just me but that part at the beginning where Josh was describing the first trip to the hospital sounded very similar to last week. Down to the details and Glenn making the same European Vacation joke. For a second I thought I was listening to the wrong episode!

Also, I'm with you Glenn. I'm kinda okay with the prequel movies. I mean they're definitely inferior to 4-6 but I don't think they're unwatchably bad or anything. It probably helps that I was like 12 when Episode 1 came out so stuff like the podrace was pretty exhilarating to me at the time. Although I wasn't a fan of Jar-jar even then.
    I recall episode 2 being my least favorite, actually. It has some cool bits but I recalled being turned off by the Anakin-Padme relationship stuff in it. It's been a number of years since I watched Episode 2 or 3 though, even though I have the blurays, so maybe my memory is bad. 3 was probably my favorite of the prequel, at least at the time.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  5. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation

Yeah, I have a box full of the original Marvel Star Wars comics from 77-78. I really don't remember what I said on the podcast, if I was talking about Dark Horse it was probably about them having the rights to Star Wars for so long and then recently losing them so they had a massive sale on their entire catalog before they got pulled... or was it Glenn that said something?

IceSamurai likes this.
  6. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

I watched The Clear documentary yesterday after hearing about it on the podcast. It confirmed my suspicions that Scientology is utter BS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CrzyQbn and Torgo like this.
  7. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

You'll hear that joke a lot from me. We were insufferable with it in bigger cities in Europe when I went in 2013 ;-)

8. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

Nah, it's cool. Pretty sure I used it a ton when I was in London. I just thought it was funny that I actually had to check my phone to be like "wait, am I listening to the same podcast as last week?"

9. honaker

honaker Active Member

Lol so I'm not the only one who thought I was having déjà vu.