E3 Press Conference

Discussion in 'E3 2015' started by Vader202, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Vader202

Vader202 New Member

Will I be able to watch the Pres Conferences after they are over?

2. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

More than likely

3. Vader202

Vader202 New Member

I hope so

4. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

Got our new microphone flags nice and late. They were expensive, but they turned-out very nice! IMG_20150611_142007.jpg

Carl_S, plpalo, JHall03 and 1 other person like this.
  5. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

Full pro. Always go full pro.

Torgo likes this.
  6. brambler

brambler Well-Known Member

Ok well overall pretty good showing by Sony. My favorite thing was the new game by Guerrilla. Horizon I think it was called. Looked beautiful! Star Wars Battlefront looked amazing too. Those 2 games looked truly next gen.
    The Last Guardian/FF7/Shenmue/ it's good for everyone else. Not my kind of games though. I thought Last Guardian still looked like a PS3 game honestly.

I was disappointed there was no date or price for Morpheus, no price cuts on hardware. Also thought we would hear dates for No Man's Sky and Last Guardian this year. No Gran Turismo 7 was sad, as was no Red Dead 2. Also would have loved to hear big improvements for PS Now.
    Was not expecting to hear about a new MotorStorm but that was my biggest dream. Also surprised the Driveclub PS plus version wasn't made available haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. CodeNameVii

CodeNameVii Member

The Guerilla games game looks amzing. Overall the Sony press conference was pretty good. Watching the MS one now and hate the presentation already.

8. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

All the conferences so far had some good points and bad to me, but most of those are just personal preferences. The Sony one was good, but not a home run. Seemed a bit on the light side when it came to content and this is the one time I was hoping to hear about improvements to Playstation Plus like unlimited cloud saves and the ability to change our freaking PSN names. ;-) Also, I was hoping to see a lot more indy titles.

Microsoft was interesting, but I didn't see the big excitement over the backwards compatibility since you still have to download the game again no matter what if you own it physically or digitally from what I understood and it seems the title selection is limited. The controller looked nice, but I'm not sure about all those buttons especially the ones under the controller. I have enough issues using 8 buttons and 2 joysticks on a ds4. I couldn't imagine adding ones underneath too.

Again, I might not have seen it all correctly because I was working on one screen while casually watching the conference as time permitted.

9. I felt like Sony's conference was a little light. The games looked great, but no price drops and no new features (DLNA support was announced prior to the conference). And this holiday season still looks empty.

10. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

There's no winning, is there?

They talk about Powers and people say "talk about games." They do a press conference with almost nothing but games and you guys say it was "light on content."

11. Brad Custer

Brad Custer Well-Known Member

Well, even last year when they did discuss Powers and other non-gaming topics there was still more to talk about afterwards. Past shows have had more games mentioned that's all I'm saying. Heck, the Arkham Knight stuff was interesting, but the game comes out next week. Did that really need to be included? I'm not being ungrateful or down on Sony. Its the only system I've owned in the last 20 years, but I usually come away feeling overwhelmed by the info they shared.

12. brambler

brambler Well-Known Member

I liked the flow this year. There was no parts that dragged on too long like the wonder book stuff or playstation mobile. Most useless part in my opinion was the Disney infinity stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Carl_S

Carl_S Well-Known Member

This is the problem with the zillion "what we are expecting to see at E3" and rumors posts that happen before any kind of conference.

People work themselves up into a frenzy expecting all the things that have been reading about for the last couple of weeks and then when it does not happen then they are disappointed. Don't blame Sony, blame the rumor mongers for getting your expectations up. :)

14. Timothy

Timothy Active Member

Just throwing in my 2 cents. Cup Head looks amazing, hollowlens looks gimmicky but cool I like tech toys, tomb raider looked good. Horizon can't wait to play f'n robodinos, FF7 never finished the old ps1 copy I have so maybe this will give me the push to finish that game. that's what I'm looking forward to. Wish for more time with Morpheus again love tech toys. oh yeah and DNLA Wahoo my 8tb media server can be put to use again without having to move my ps3 around.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk