Borderlands series

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by JurassicZodiac, Aug 6, 2019.

1. JurassicZodiac

JurassicZodiac New Member

I’m looking to start a Borderlands clan to play through the games in co-op. All I ask is that you are respectful towards gamers that aren’t the best at these kinds of games but they try their best.

Twigg4075 likes this.
  2. The_Marquis

The_Marquis Active Member

Good luck.

I played through the original game several times by myself. It was quite addictive, and I am terrible at console FPS games. Fortunately Borderlands was pretty forgiving.

3. JurassicZodiac

JurassicZodiac New Member

I don’t have a problem with the difficultly as I find that it has the right balance between easy and hard. I’m just looking for people to play the series with.

4. The_Marquis

Right.

And if I recall, there are better item drops when played with others.

5. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

I've played games in the series, but they've never grabbed me. Loot shooters don't do much for me in Loot terms. Destiny 1&2 get past that for me because the feel of the controls etc is so good.

6. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

I couldn’t finish Borderlands 1... I just don’t know why.

I’ve owned and finished Borderlands 2 on ALL platforms.

XBox 360, PC, PS3 (platinumed) then PS4 (platinumed)

In fact, Borderlands 2 was the first game that I purchased all the DLCs.

I hope they retain the Borderlands feel and humor in the next game with updated controls. (Destiny sort of makes Borderlands controls seem second grade)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. JHall03

JHall03 Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to finish one of them. It's not because I don't like them, but usually another game grabs my attention. I do recall being slightly annoyed by having to almost constantly having to evaluate the gear that just dropped to see if it would be an upgrade for me. Maybe I just never got good at that in Borderlands, but I don't have a problem with that same thing in Diablo 3.

8. The_Marquis

Were you playing with other people?

As I understand, the loot system was more rewarding with co-op play.

I played it multiple times solo, so a lot of my drops were pretty negligible upgrades. At a certain point I stopped checking stats unless it was a massive jump over what I was carrying.

It was still fun. As a comic book reader, I really enjoyed the bare bones presentation and snippets of story. Like comic book reading, where the reader needs to fill in the gaps; Borderlands left a ton of room for imagination. I read a lot of complaints about the presentation, but I really enjoyed the raw nature of that first game.

Although the vehicle controls can go to hell. That was a pretty big learning curve.

9. JHall03

No I wasn’t playing with anyone else and I should have mentioned that. Makes a big difference.

10. The_Marquis

Yeah.

I can understand though.

My friends have relationships/families. Live in different time zones. Have different work schedules. Some working multiple jobs.

It was pretty difficult to nail down a co-op session.

JHall03 likes this.
  11. Twigg4075

Twigg4075 Well-Known Member

The Borderlands series is one of my favorites in gaming, and probably the one I've spent the most hours playing. I pretty much 100%'d Borderlands 1 & 2 on both PS3 & 360, including all dlc. Not too long ago the wife did everything but hit level 50 in the PS4 version of 1. Just the other day we went back to 2 on PS4 and ran through all of that and finished the night of 3's release. We're just a few trophies shy of getting the platinum. We started 3, leveling to 10, and then decided we really should play the Commander Lilith dlc. So we're probably halfway through that now.

We've also played the Pre-Sequel on 360, PS3 and PS4.

JHall03 and jahonius88 like this.
  12. JHall03

I gotta say the hype is strong for BL3. Not sure I can resist!

Edit: I caved and bought the game.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    John B. aka Johni3w6 likes this.
  13. John B. aka Johni3w6

John B. aka Johni3w6 Active Member

I ended up going for the Super Deluxe Edition. Enjoying it so far though single player is a bit of a grind with some of the early bosses.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

14. JHall03

I have only played about 3-4 hours, but am enjoying it. I think the game will have a lot of longevity and keep me coming back for months and/or years.

John B. aka Johni3w6 likes this.
  15. John B. aka Johni3w6

John B. aka Johni3w6 Active Member

I have about 16 hours in and am enjoying it. The UI is still a bit annoying, compared to BL2, but I'm getting used to it.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

JHall03 likes this.