Any firearm enthusiasts here in the PSNation Community?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tribal_Renegade, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Tribal_Renegade

Tribal_Renegade Active Member

All of us fans of first person shooter video games can appreciate 1:1 modeled firearms in video games. Especially when the developers get the sound, animation, and "feel" just right with your favorite gun. After years of playing these types of games, I just knew I had to have my dream rifle IRL. Enter my Smith & Wesson M&P-15 semi-automatic carbine. Chambered to fire 5.56x45 NATO cartridges with 30rd magazines, single point sling, red dot reflex sight, 200 lumen combat torch and a high intensity green laser sight attached to the front fore grip. (I have the 5.6x15mmR ".22 LR" configuration setup. A “Shit hit the fan” / Bug-Out / Prepper’s primary caliber choice) I'm a big fan of plinking/target shooting, but I run high velocity rim fire cartridges when I mean business! (God bless CCI Stinger, CCI Velocitor, and CCI Mini Mag ammunition.)
    image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Embelievable, honaker and Pvtforlife like this.
  2. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

I'm probably the only person in Arizona that doesn't own a firearm of some kind. Not for lack of interest but just because video games are expensive enough. Fortunately my friends all own them so whenever we go to the range, I can just borrow one.

Tribal_Renegade likes this.
  3. iwannadie

iwannadie Active Member

I like mah guns too(and my az carry law).

I built my AR a few years ago, its nothing fancy but was a lot of fun gathering parts and turning a pile of metal things, springs and random junk into a military grade weapon. It's setup with a Yankee Hill lower(5.56), Spikes tactical upper(16" barrel), Magpul furniture(MOE stock) and flip-up rear site with a cheapy red dot. I have a stack of maybe 25 30 round mags, mostly Magpul and a few plane jane milspec mags thrown in because they were cheap. I'm not a fan of bolting stuff like lazers and lights onto my gun so its stripped down and ready for action by my bed.

I also have a pistol(Springfiel armory XD 9mm with a stack of 18rd mags) and what I have come to call The Shoulder buster(a mossin nagant rifle 7.62x54r).

I have no affiliation with them but ammunitiontogo.com/ has great deals on ammo and will also from time to time sell law enforcement ammo. I carry LE ammo in my pistol, its nothing fancy just a higher quality control and top of the line materials, from what I've been told. There's some weird loop hole in the law that you as a Civ. can legally own that type of ammo, places can sell it but are not obligated to ask if you are LE. Again, nothing fancy about the ammo just a quality thing but I feel better having what they have when my life depends on it.

4. CNPalmer

CNPalmer Moderator Staff Member

I live about 10 miles from the S&W factory. Lot of history there.

5. Embelievable

Embelievable Moderator Staff Member

I'm only just beginning my collection with 2 pistols so far. A S&W revolver (.38) and a Colt 1911 (.22 LR).

6. Scoomp

Scoomp New Member

one of my many pride and joys.

Attached Files:

7. Tribal_Renegade

I wish I had the money to buy more firearms, but they can get pretty expensive though.

My Gen 3 9x19 Glock 17. It has the tritium night sights, a pistol bayonet, and I have two 17rd and two 33rd magazines for it. (Pictured with a 33rd mag and bayonet)

image.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  8. selina

selina New Member

My only issue was you just keep saying the same basic thing over and over and over and over. In this particular case you became annoying but I don't normally find you annoying on a regular basis.

In this one case you are not playing well with others. Is it so hard to just drop it and move on? :)

9. Scoomp

Scoomp New Member

Errr lol

10. Devryn

Devryn Member

I'm also in AZ and own a couple of weapons myself. I have an interest in them, but in wouldn't say I'm an enthusiast. I have way too many other expensive hobbies. :/

11. Tom

Tom New Member

I enjoy hitting the range every now and again but ownership is a whole different beast here is Australia (crazy tight gun laws, but haven't had a major shooting in 20 years so eh...) so I don't own my own firearms. I am part of the Air Force Reserve here so I get out on the range with our service weapons whenever I can.

This is what we mainly use; Austeyr F88 SA3 chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO. (its basically a heavily modified Steyr AUG)
    [​IMG]

12. willow514

willow514 Active Member

I too am a gun enthusiast.

http://imgur.com/a/zmWyn

I was going to post all my pictures but it would make my post quite large.

Tribal_Renegade and Scoomp like this.
  13. Scoomp

Scoomp New Member

Awesome collection willow. I want a mosin nagant. Just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. They are the more affordable firearms out there. Just don't have anymore room in my gunsafe

Tribal_Renegade and willow514 like this.
  14. Tribal_Renegade

Anyone else pick up a new firearm recently? My latest purchase was a Gen 4 Glock 26 from Academy Sports + Outdoors. My EDC pistol and ammo I have loaded. :)

02FA2320-23EA-4B04-8D1D-DAD83AF1DB96.jpeg

15. Torgo

Torgo Grand Poobah Staff Member

I own a few guns, but they're all in storage currently. I was on my NJROTC Rifle Team in High School, and according to my Commander, I was a natural shot. I used to compete against college teams, and I'd win every time.\

My Uncle was a cop in Kansas City, so I shot twice before I joined the team. He taught me at a young age to respect those weapons. If we could guarantee that could happen every time, we wouldn't need stricter gun laws.