2015 Golden Minecarts: state your case!

Discussion in 'Golden Minecart Awards 2015' started by Dave, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

http://www.psnation.com/2016/01/09/golden-minecart-awards-2015-vote-here/

So the polls are live and the discussion can begin.

Don't forgot you can vote once every 12 hours! So keep voting you could be the difference!

Something missing from the list on ps4/PS3 or vita this year? Write it in and state your case here

Did you play something on PS3 this year that others didn't? State your case for getting votes.

Is there a game missing from our list? State your case to have it be a write in? Most people say write in's don't win. Can this be the year one does?

Lobby!
    Beg!
    Bribe?
    Let's have fun and have a great gaming discussion!

Psn: anndwh
    Twitter: @D_Hunt

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  2. jpayant70

jpayant70 Moderator Staff Member

C'mon everyone! We know for a fact there are games you want that aren't on the list of nominees. Make your voices heard!

3. keithddunn

keithddunn Wait....what?

I, and this should surprise no one considering I've streamed it twice, will be writing in Among The Sleep in a couple categories where appropriate. It came out LATE in the year and very few people have played it yet but it's a great game and worthy of some love!
    (My stream are on the PS Nation YouTube channel in the TGISunday playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGRROg1pQmU6TNM_ZEJrgDeygSy8gesWG )

4. jpayant70

I have a few write ins myself. It's a no lose situation.

keithddunn likes this.
  5. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

I've been writing in SUPERBEAT: Xonic for Vita game of the year. Love that game.

keithddunn likes this.
  6. jpayant70

Cool! Sell why you are; get more write-ins!

keithddunn likes this.
  7. Darkside21

Darkside21 New Member

No big deal, but I'm curious about how Rocket League is considered a new IP. Isn't it the sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battlecars?

Anyway, hoping to see a write-in win game of the year this year. I think the Witcher 3 has a pretty good chance (although I'm not sure how strong the RPG community is at PS Nation). One of the best games I've played in years.

Pretty strong year for games for it to be excluded.

keithddunn and Trioptical like this.
  8. Trioptical

Trioptical Active Member

This is a somewhat... umm, there have been discussions on this. I think in the end, it was decided that Rocket League is less a sequel and more a spiritual successor to S.A.R.P.B, so it's a new IP in the sense that Bloodborne is a new IP. I guess it comes down to what you think an IP is.

keithddunn likes this.
  9. Dave

We talked about rocket league being in new ip category. We decided it should be since new gameplay new console new cars.

keithddunn likes this.
  10. Darkside21

Darkside21 New Member

Fair enough. Must have missed the convo on that. Again, I was just curious about that one. Didn't really matter either way.

11. Dave

You didn't miss it. It was internal

12. jpayant70

Keep those write ins coming! The staff here is NOT the be all end all. These are truly the awards of the community. Vote early and often!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ArmorFist

ArmorFist Member

I wrote in Until Dawn for the Unique Experience category. I really liked that game and can't think of anything that I've played before that controlled and told a story like that game did. It's also my pick for PS4 game of the year and I hope it gets it.

Jcutuli and keithddunn like this.
  14. jpayant70

Good choice. That was a tough category to whittle down.

15. JHall03

JHall03 Active Member

World of Tanks should maybe be removed as an option because it's still in beta.

16. Josh

Josh Co-Host of PS Nation

You are correct it is, but at the moment it doesn't look like it has a shot at winning

JHall03 likes this.
  17. brambler

brambler Well-Known Member

Vote Rocket League people! For every category it's in! Especially sports.

tpaullin and Torgo like this.
  18. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

I wrote in Tales from the Borderlands for Best Adventure Game category. Because I believe it's a crime not to love what they did for that game.

I also wrote in Superbeat: XoNiC for best Vita game, because that game because it was the best (the only) rhythm game I ever played on a console and I absolutely loved it.

I did not just "pick" games for PS3 because... I didn't play any last year.

19. andyscout

andyscout PSN: andyscout Staff Member

You should really try out the other DJMAX games. Technika Tune is available on Vita and DJMAX Portable 3 is a PSP game but should be on the store. At least in NA; not sure what's available on PSN in Korea.

20. jahonius88

jahonius88 Well-Known Member

That's what EVERYBODY says. I shouldn't have given away my PSP, lol.